help me with microsoft office 2008

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Alysh, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Alysh

Alysh Member

ey guys! i have some fonts that i installed before and it doesn't show up in my microsoft word font list. what should i do? actually i can type their filename and use it, but i can't see them in the list. weird. help me.

2. Libra

Libra Member

have you tried dragging the new fonts into the font book (applications)?

3. ailes

ailes Active Member

open Applications>Font Book... see if the fonts you've installed are there

4. Libra

Libra Member

i had a similar case when I added new fonts for word documents. Initially, it didn't appear after I dragged the new fonts to the font book (application) - under "all collections". When i powered up my macbook the next day, the fonts appeared already in the selections.

if your story is different, let me know more details.

5. Alysh

Alysh Member

i can see my downloaded fonts in the font book. but i can't find them in microsoft word.

6. Libra

Libra Member

Can you see your fonts in "all fonts" collection?

7. Alysh

Alysh Member

yupyup. basically i can see all my downloaded fonts there. it's just weird that i can't find some of those fonts in my microsoft word like P22PARRISH OR P22POPART. then with the font AKBAR, i can use it by typing akbar in the font list, but it can't be seen in the scroll down list.

8. Libra

Libra Member

Unfortunately I do not have those fonts you mentioned so I couldn't check it for myself. im boggled as well that if you can type the font in the font selection it works but it cannot be browsed in the selection. by any chance does these fonts were duplicated, meaning 2 fonts of the same kind are saved. it can happen in the font book. i'm exploring if 2 identical fonts are saved, it might be confused on which on to present in the selections.

9. bleh888

bleh888 Active Member

What's the difference between '07 and '08? :D

10. Alysh

Alysh Member

i checked my microsoft office, and i saw those fonts in the FORMAT>FONT. but when i click FONT in the menu bar, it's not there. why is it like that? weird.

11. Libra

Libra Member

Just be patient and work with me. I need you to check the contents of font book, under "all fonts". The fonts are alphabetically arranged unless in different font styles, then you will notice after the last alphabet of a particular group, it starts with a new chronological order on another font style. Read them through and pay attention on the fonts you mentioned. If they appear doubled you need to delete one of them (take note that italics and bold should not be deleted) Delete only exact same fonts.

Another question, what source did you get the fonts from? Because if its from a different source it might be the reason (not the answer) why you're in that dilemma. Most likely your Word could not recognize the font to be displayed.

Try this out first.

12. Alysh

Alysh Member

It's not doubled. wah :( BAsta i can find the font in the formar >font. But in the formatting pallete list and font menu bar, i can't.

13. Libra

Libra Member

:confused: Frustrating... what is your source of these fonts?

14. Alysh

Alysh Member

yes. internet. got it from the net.

15. joseph_camela

joseph_camela Active Member

the office 2007 is for windows computers and office 2008 is for Mac.