[help] iPod Nano 6G volume button wouldn't press

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by themakiroller, Jan 11, 2013.

1. themakiroller

themakiroller New Member

Hi,

I have a four-month-old iPod nano (the square one) which I use for my daily commute. A couple of weeks ago I the volume up button started to become hard to press; I had to hold the device in a certain way and push hard on it with my fingernail to turn the volume up. I looked up the problem and it turned out this is common with 6G nanos - apparently there are very small shims stuck under the buttons which press the "actual" buttons inside the case, and since these are held in place with what looks like double-sided tape, they tend to get dislodged after several presses, especially in warm environments.

I did manage to get the button working a few days ago after a few taps on the side but now it wouldn't press again. The tapping technique wouldn't work anymore even after keeping it in my warmest pants pocket for minutes (if that would help it loosen up). I'm thinking of dropping by a service center, but the problem is that I can't seem to find the receipt for it and I bought it from a small shop whose name I've already forgotten (the sales lady told me, though, that it comes with Apple's standard warranty and I'll have to send it to an authorized Apple service center - Power Mac or others - for repairs).

I'd like to ask where I can have it fixed (I'll pay if I can't find the receipt anymore) and for how much. Any feedback would be very welcome. Thanks :)

2. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

3. themakiroller

themakiroller New Member

Thanks. I checked and it is still under warranty. The problem is, I can't find the receipt (though I'm planning to tidy up my files so I'm not giving up on it yet).

4. themakiroller

themakiroller New Member

I could still use it (and maybe I can live without volume controls provided it's set at a comfortable level) but the sound was much too soft. Luckily there's a spare universal dock and Apple remote lying around in the workplace. Problem solved... a bit. XD

5. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

No receipt would be fine, just bring it to digital hub greenhills so they can fell you what to do.