help how to transfer downloaded application from itunes app store

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by xob, Sep 28, 2008.

1. xob

xob Active Member

how to transfer downloaded application from iTunes pc to another pc? Or can I transfer my iPod touch games to pc or mac? I will change my 1st generation to 2nd. And also I will change my pc.

2. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Re: help how to transfer downloaded application

You can copy the apps from your Music -> iTunes -> Mobile Applications to the new computer. Once on the new computer, simply drag on drop them into iTunes to have iTunes import them. They'll work on the new iTunes as long as you're signed in to the same account used to originally purchase the apps (iTunes Fairplay DRM limits this to 5 Macs/PCs).

3. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

I was about to reply the same advice, but then, I was in doubt coz' i haven't used iTunes in PCs ever since. No idea of how PCs handle iTunes accounts at all. Lucky we have a certain PatrickGaerlan who is well-versed about it.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

just to add to patrick's: if you've reached the 5 device limit per itunes account, just deauthorize the old pc and authorize the new pc (from itunes store menu). Deauthorization is important if you sell your old pc or any other device that has been previously authorized under your account.

5. xob

xob Active Member

hey patrick thanks ha.. So I'll just open the folder of my iTunes suppost where the application saved right? Then copy and put it in USB storage then put it in another computer drag it into iTunes right? :)

6. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

@xob, that's right :) Again, it's important to remember, you also have to make sure that the copy of iTunes on the PC is authorized using the same account you used to buy the apps.

7. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Alternatively, you can use iTunes to backup everything on DVD. Then in the same version iTunes in the new PC, restore from dvd. This way, your data and personal preferences etc are identical from the old.