Help ASAP! Macbook Pro Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by Mocha.Frap, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

GUys! I'm really close to tears right now. My macbook pro won't boot up! It gets stuck at the grey screen and there's beep sounds coming out of the speakers. It's 3 short beep sounds and the sleep light is flashing on and off. Can someone help pelase? =(

2. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

3. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Thanks for the reply! I just had this macbook pro for less than a month. Will apple replace this? If something really went wrong?

4. czek

czek Member

i used to get that all the time with my ibook before the logic board got busted. hmmm... i'm really not sure if that's the problem but have it checked right away.

hmmm... what happened to my ibook was... when i had it checked, they told me... the logic board can't recognize the internal hd because the HD's broken. we replaced it with a new one but it didn't work pa rin. so yun nga... after rigorous tests... they concluded that there's a logic board problem.

sana naman hindi logic board yung sayo. and i hope your mbp is still under warranty. good luck! :)

5. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

It actually is. I've just had this for under a month. Next week was supposed to be the first month-sary of my mbp and I. *Sigh* Does anyone know where to buy a #0 philips screwdriver to open the ram?

6. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Go to truevalue or ace hardware. They sell the mini screwdrivers as sets.

7. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Yeah I just got the scredrivers. So now, I reseated the RAMS and switched them up. When I boot up, I hear one of 2 short beep sound and the rest 3 short beep sounds.

I saw this from Apple's website:
    2 beeps = incompatible RAM types
    3 beeps = no good banks

How is it incompatible? I just restarted my mac and when it booted up, it had this error. =(

8. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

do these:
    1. clean the contact of the rams with an eraser.
    2. install one ram stick at a time then boot up.
    3. if problem still persist, have it serviced.

9. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

So I finished doing it one by one. One ram was working fine. The MBP can boot up again. However, the other ram won't let the mbp boot up. So any solutions? Can I get a warranty for the other ram?

10. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

it means you got one defective ram... your warranty should cover it. have it serviced/replaced asap.

11. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Ok thanks a lot! Can this be done within one day? I need to use my mbp by friday kasi :D And also, where can I have it serviced? Can I have it serviced at Digital Walker?

12. macychic

macychic Member

yup, friendly naman ang technicians sa digital walker. better bring it there asap para better ang chances na ok na ang MBP mo by Friday :)

btw, ask them na ren re the screen bubbles. :)

good luck to your mbp!

#12 macychic, Apr 30, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  13. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Thanks a lot! Btw, where is their service center located? I don't think their DW branch at Park Square 1 is a service center. I'm in makati kasi :D

14. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Go to Digital Hub in Greenhills Theater Mall.

15. fpt

fpt Member

I highly suggests you Go to Istudio The fORT in Bonifacio High Street (Official Apple Reseller).

16. MacLovin

MacLovin New Member

Try going to Greenhills. The Authorized Apple Service Center is located at the 2nd floor of theater mall at the corner opposite games and gadgets. If you are coming from the cellphone tiangge turn right when you enter the theater mall entrance.

17. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

I went to Digital Walker/Hub once at Greenhills. Is that the store near iStudio? The last time I went there, it seems like there's no technician there, only salesladies :D

18. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

since you have figured out the problem just bring the ram if they dont have available rams you can still use your MBP with a single ram. Wew whats happening to apple product nowadays

19. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

I doubt they'll believe me if I'll walk in an Apple service center and say "This ram is defective". They're gonna need proof right?:D

#19 Mocha.Frap, Apr 30, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  20. MacLovin

MacLovin New Member

You need to bring the whole unit to them to demonstrate the problem. That should hasten the process.

I stumbled upon the Apple Service Center at theater mall by accident. It's a really small nook at the corner with technicians manning it.