help: accidentally deleted the PrivateFrameworks folder

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by vanerz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. vanerz

vanerz Member

Hi. I was trying to uninstall my iTunes 8.2 and downgrade it to 8.1.1. I was suppose to run this command in Terminal. But I only copied and pasted until the red portion:

sudo rm -rf /Applications/iTunes.app /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMobileDevice.kext /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iTunesAccess.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreFP.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework

Now I'm paranoid if I screwed up. And if I did, would I be able to recover what I lost? Pls. help.:(

Thanks.

2. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

What was wrong with iTunes 8.2?

3. vanerz

vanerz Member

Nothing wrong with it...it's just that I needed to downgrade it's version. I can't exactly discuss the reason behind the downgrade because discussions of j**lb***king is prohibited here.

4. yoh_hectic

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I think your OS X installer can repair damage if you boot from the restore DVD.

Try applei.ph

5. vanerz

vanerz Member

Would you know what the folder I deleted would usually contain so I'd know if it is urgent that I restore it?

6. yoh_hectic

I looks like you cannot use your phone anymore. DVD installer's probably in your box.

7. vanerz

vanerz Member

Actually, it's not the phone's PrivateFrameworks folder that I deleted, it's my macbook's.:( I dunno what to do...my menu bar is acting strange...the time doesn't show anymore.

I hope there's a way I can recover from this. Oh well..:(

8. yoh_hectic

When i said you cannot use your phone anymore what i meant was iTunes cannot use your phone anymore.

you can restore your mac using the DVD restore disc. it will not delete your data. it'll just revert your Mac's OS to its previous version with the previous version of iTunes in which you must update. Unfortunately I do not know how to upgrade to iTunes 8.11 with System Update.

9. vanerz

vanerz Member

This looks promising. Could you teach me how to do this restore? My mac came with a tiger os x installer. But i recently upgraded to leopard.