Headphones Replacement Cable to Lightning...

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ice, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Need help... (I've been searching for the past few days)

Has Beats (and other headphone manufacturers, like Audio Technica) released replacement cables for their headphones to connect directly to the iPhone 7's lightning port?

I'm hoping not to use the Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm....Audeze, a well-established name in personal audio, released the following, specifically for Apple:

https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-titanium
    https://www.audeze.com/products/sine-series/sine-ear-headphone

As an Audeze user, I can vouch for their product.

Note that the lighning headphone cable for both have built-in DAC (digital to analog converter) chip for better sound quality. For detailed reviews, head off to headfi.org. As for lightning cables only, none yet but we can expect headphone companies to release them for their current and future line-up (assuming that the cables are detachable). None of the big boutique headphone cables manufacturers like Moon Audio, Effect Audio or Double Helix have it yet. The major stumbling block is MFI (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad program). They have to pay Apple a licensing fee to be MFI-certified before thay can produce lightning headphone cables.

#2 raypin, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Chito Limson, Sunil_K and Dipp like this.
  3. ice

^yes, I'm looking for replacement cables only...

I find it strange that Beats didn't release a replacement lightning cable for their headphones knowing that Apple will remove the 3.5mm port from the iPhone 7.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm...my guess is Beats (or Apple) wants you to donate more of your money to the coffers of Apple, Inc. by buying new headphones with the lightning cable. Lol!

Sunil_K likes this.
  5. ice

^Let's just hope Chinese manufacturers make a 3rd party cable for our old headphones...

6. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

You can attach a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter on one end of your 3.5mm cable, then use Bluetooth to connect to the iPhone.
    Kinda unwieldy, but it does work.

7. ice

That's my next option...

Find a BT Adapter that will connect to the headphones wirelessly (like Axo Audio)... Right now the options are pricey... plus that fact that it's another thing that will run out of batteries.

8. phonephone

phonephone Member

Plus 1 on using BT adapter. Looking into Anker's 2-in-1 bluetooth audio receiver/transmitter. I'm just not sure if it will work with my earphones. All the photos I've seen show it being used with headphones or old speakers via the 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable that comes with it. I can't find an answer as to wether it will work with earphones. My concern is earphones can't use the male to male 3.5mm jack cable that comes with the transmitter.

9. spellcaster

spellcaster New Member

Attached Files:

10. ice

11. ice

ment likes this.