Have someone tried servicing their airpods due to battery drain issue?

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Alex Alvarez, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Alex Alvarez

Alex Alvarez New Member

Hello guys! I’m looking to have my airpods checked and hopefully serviced by the service center. I noticed this odd behavior months ago but I thought it might just a software issue. However, my battery indicator these past few weeks became terrible to the point that:

- I’m only getting an average 2 hrs of playback
    -Taking it out from the case rapidly decreases from 100 to 96 (no playing music/video)
    - when getting to low level, puting it back from the case, battery indicator jumps to a higher battery level (i.e 11% then jumps to 86%)
    - uneven battery levels (10% difference avg)

Now i’m thinking maybe there’s really something wrong on hardware level. I’ve already tried resetting and pairing it to other devices (i.e macbook and other iphones). No luck :(

9 months old - still under warranty. So I’m hoping they can do something about this

#1 Alex Alvarez, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

3. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I’m here because @Laurafep is enticing us to find a modeling job for her :whistle:

At any rate, I previously had that same issue with the Gen 1 AirPods and what i did was downgrade the software instead of updating it to the new one. Maybe it’s a software issue because it returned to normal albeit for a few month. I don’t use it now since I have Jabra Elites as replacement.

5. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Same here noticing the degrading of battery life but I am looking at the Sony WF-1000XM3.