hairline cracks on the hinge of my new MBP 15" Uni :/

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by liquidandliquid, Feb 6, 2010.

1. liquidandliquid

liquidandliquid New Member

Hi All,

I have a 7-month old MBP 15" Unibody. Performance wise, it's a hot rod!

UNFORTUNATELY, after using it for 4 months i noticed some hairline cracks on the right portion of the screen hinge - in fact up to now cracks are still increasing!

I had it checked by the tech guy from the shop where I bought the unit. According to them, Apple Singapore declined to replace the unit (which of course to me is unacceptable).

The hinge can be replaced by the local distributor but at my expense (which again I think is unacceptable).

Any sound advice?

2. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

3. liquidandliquid

thanks for posting the link. i think i can show this to the store. will definitely post some pics later.

i just wonder why they have better customer service in the US. Apple standard should be uniform.

4. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

are ur cracks same as the pictures from the other thread?
    good luck and hopefully they replace it with a sturdier one!

5. liquidandliquid

actually, the cracks on the images from the link you posted is worst. mine are just hairline cracks (lengthwise), but everyday the cracks seem to multiply. :/