Guitar hero For MacBook?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by miko6456, Apr 19, 2008.

1. miko6456

miko6456 Guest

hi, i'm new here and i have a new 2.1 Ghz macbook w/ 1G ram, it has the x1330 video card. i'm wondering if it can play guitar hero 3 For mac?? i reallly want this game but it would be a disappointment if i got it and found out it wouldn't work..=D

2. acid

acid Member

3. manolop10

manolop10 Active Member

Re: Guitar hero For Mcbook??

Dang! "NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported." Oh well....

4. boggs

boggs Member

Re: Guitar hero For Mcbook??

Yeah, i don't think that this game would work on a Macbook since it only has an integrated graphics card. Opt for Frets on Fire instead. There are some sites on the web where you can download songs from GH1 to GH3 that are compatible for Frets on Fire! Its also a free download! So you have nothing to lose..:)

5. miko6456

miko6456 Guest

oh well.. this knda sucks but oh well. Thanks Guys!!!=D

6. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Better solution: Ditch your macbook and get a macbook pro :D That is, if you have the funds =)

7. Juicyy

Juicyy Member

hey. yeah we have the same macbook specs and i was so close to considering buying gh3 in singapore when i saw it because it just looked so inviting.. i guess i just have to wait til i own a good iMac before even thinking about buying it ;D

frets on fire is pretty good too, for a free game!

8. donalyza

donalyza Member

I want one. Anyone knows where I can buy it aside from Datablitz? Cheaper than 6K.

9. joemoso

joemoso Active Member

Hey guys, why don't you try out Frets on Fire, it's like Guitar Hero but it's for free. You can get na lang a PS2 guitar from Greenhills and somekind of plug for usb. :) tapos you can download songs from the net.

10. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Just curious, where can you buy the adaptor that will make your Ps2 guitar have the usb end?:D

11. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

if anyone gets to use one of those greenhills generic guitar controllers on your mac, do tell

12. jakeee

jakeee Member

hello! any updates on this thread??