1. lestilka

lestilka New Member

I really need a way to send to a text group without having to add each person one by one. Is there a 3rd party app to do this yet on 2.0? What about a solution to send text thru Bluetooth???

2. checkyoulater

checkyoulater Member

i read somewhere if you use a mac to manage your address book you should be able to create groups there for use with the iphone, since i hardly have had to send to "fixed" groupd i never really tried to test out the options for a windows pc user

3. aikicodesurfer

if you create groups in phonebook, it will sych to your mac and you can send to that particular group(s) by selecting them on your iphone

4. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't know how this works. I tap on (+) in New SMS and select the Group I want in my iPhone. All it does is show me the list of contacts in that group. I still have to select all of them for me to send to groups.

5. baitnicart

baitnicart Member

yep. and im guessing that's everybody's problem. you still select "one by one" instead of just selecting the group and sending the message.

6. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ oh I see. I thought aikicodesurfer shared a feature for group SMS. thanks for clarifying baitnicart.

7. SR_Eyes

SR_Eyes Member

hope SMSD will soon be ported to installer 4 beta.

8. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Active Member

Any way to do this yet ? I'm already using OS 3.1.. thanks!

9. makingdots

makingdots Member

Just re-use the multi-recipient thread created when you send a group sms for the first time to send another group sms to them.

err, sorry if I can't explain it clearly. Let me know if you didn't get it. ;)

#9 makingdots, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  10. h.chua

h.chua Active Member

any update on this? what do you guys use for group messaging besides the method of retaining the original group thread?

11. lestilka

lestilka New Member

There are lots of GroupSMS apps out now. I've been using one called GroupText! for about 9 months now and it's awesome. Everything I need.