Great Application: GimmeSomeTune

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by antz, Dec 2, 2006.

1. antz

antz Active Member

GimmeSomeTune is an application for extending the functionality of iTunes. It has a lot of features that make live with iTunes easier. An information window showing all the information about the currently playing song. Hotkeys for controlling iTunes when it's not in the foreground.

A mini controller in case your hands are away from the keyboard. A "Recently Played" menu item presenting you with the last songs you played. All this is highly customizable. GimmeSomeTune even fetches covers and lyrics for you in an easy and transparent manner.

Give it a try, you'll never want to use iTunes without it again.

info and download: (FREE)
    http://members.chello.at/eternalstorms/gimmesometune.html

#1 antz, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  2. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Active Member

Does the app place the cover automatically in the mp3 file?

3. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup it automatically searches for cover art and lyrics at the same time and place in in iTunes.There's also a shortcut to control your itunes from the menu bar. Quite intuitive and non obstructive while you are doing something. I've been using it for a week already and it looks like an all in one plug-in application for iTunes.

4. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Active Member

cool. I have this widget getting album art for the songs but i need to click something to put that cover in the mp3 file. I must try that plug-in. hmm

5. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

how do you get the album art? cant seem to figure it out... also the lyrics...

i checked them thru preferences but cant seem to make it work... :D

6. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

Any particular feature of this software that is not yet or cannot be done in iTunes?

7. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Automatically searches for lyrics and has a mini controller. IMO this is good alternative to those who doesn't have an iTunes Store account who wants to automatically fetch album art from the internet.

8. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

i just noticed that sometimes it doesnt get album art.

but i am surprised that it gets OPM album art too :D

i also noticed that sometimes even if there is an available or matching album in itunes it doesnt get the album art....

i also noticed that if the labels on your itunes eg atist name, album name, song name etc matches something in itunes it will get the album art...

these dont work all the time but still nice and nifty app :D

9. michaelkenji

michaelkenji Active Member

er, i wish i had this back when i updated all my songs' album art for coverflow..