Graphics card problem w/iMac when playing games?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Mocha.Frap, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Hey guys..Need some help here. I have a copy of the game Civilization IV, MAx Payne, and Prey (for mac). This is the problem, when I try to play Civ IV, it starts just fine(in the main menu) but when I get into the game, this is where to problem occurs, the game starts fine then after 5 seconds, tons of black lines fill up the screen, and covers the whole map, but I can still see small objects. But the game music still plays.

On the other hand, max payne is running just fine but, the problem is with the background. The game is set @ night, but I see the night sky like pixelated rather than clear black =(

But for me Prey runs just fine. Graphics are okay, no lags, no glitches, nothing. The only problem is that sometimes when I quit the game, the iMac fails to respond (to force quit and such so I have to manually hard power shut down the mac)

Does anyone else experience these problems? Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot :D

*iMac 24" 2.4 ghz ATI 2600 Pro Graphics Card :D