Graphic Problem

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by chetiboy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

why is this happening to me lately? windows get garbled up, graphics get muddled, etc.

I'm just surfing the net.

- Snow Leopard, Macbook4,1

Please help. anybody experienced this? It only started acting this way when i installed snow leopard, and more frequently now. is this an OS related issue or is this hardware related?

[​IMG]

2. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

usually a log-off-log-back-on will fix the problem, but it doesn't ultimately removes the problem. it'll happen again, as it has the past few days... :(

3. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

If the problem occurs again better to have it check with an Apple Service Center. Could be a videocard issue. Sometimes it just needs cleaning or resetting.

4. RC

RC Active Member

+1 on this one!
    If "software resets" are only a temporary solution...
    (being the unit was stable before with sometime lapsed...and recent software installations have been taken in account as well as external devices...)

It just maybe a hardware issue already...

Sad to say but you might just have to let your unit be checked at a service center...

5. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

6. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Mine is not exactly the same. When i play a slideshow on Keynote with a 3D chart on the slide, it takes time to show up in the slideshow. its probably because of my vintage graphics card on my macbook pro. But the weird things is that my Mac Mini makes the presentation okay. how to do I know the graphics card of my pro? thru system profile right?under graphics? ATI Radeon 1600 ata. Hope i'm right.

7. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

@ijingo

based on your signature, macbook pro 2.16 ghz, you're right. your graphic card is ATI mobility radeon x1600 with 128 mb ddr3 graphics memory

8. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

I really don't need Keynote that much but its good to have a machine that can handle it. Time to upgrade. Thanks

chetiboy, have you reset the PRAM of you mac? It could be similar with my Safari dock problem before.

9. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

we have the same MBP model so it should be the ATI Radeon 1600

10. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Can you do me a favor if you have a Keynote and just insert a 3D chart. then play the slideshow? If okay with you. If not okay lang din. I guess yun na talaga yun.

11. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

Ill try the pram reset. I cleared the cache files with itweax and it didnt work

12. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

so I did the PRAM thing, and two hours running still no visual glitch. will try to post later tonight and check if it's still the same.

13. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

reset PRAM didn't work.
    any other alternatives before i head down to the apple center?

14. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Reset SMC chetiboy might help.