GoSurf 50 now with 3GB for 3 days

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Adarna, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Friend clued me that Globe silently upgraded GoSurf 50 to 3GB for 3 days. This applies for postpaid and prepaid SIMs.

So if you dont mind the bother you can get 30GB/month for P500.

To compare

Surf Pack 299 is 1.5GB/month

GoSurf 50 is 30GB/month but applied 10 consecutive times by the end user.

Surf Pack 599 is 4GB/month

Wish there was an iOS or Android app that you can set to automate text messaging every 72 hours

2. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

I think the extra 2gb is for movies and games.

3. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

E320EBFF-F5B1-4A7E-89BD-BC7F893AEE5E.jpeg

Net neutrality has long been dead in PH. We come to a point where “other website” volume allowance is lower than Globe’s “videos and games” volume.

1GB + 2GB

YouTube
    Netflix
    Hooq

they have servers w/ Globe.

They’re trying to hide the fact that they have lousy international infra to handle “neutral data”

4. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Sigh. Mobile internet access is so expensive these days, it's mind boggling.

5. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Expensive yet super slow.

catalysmic and Ghibli like this.
  6. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

Maybe someone can make a siri shortcut for this? Would love to have this also, because sometimes my subscriptions get expired, sayang yung di naubos na data. :)

7. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

It's sad there's not a lot of discussion on this topic here in the PH. We're so pre-occupied with drahgs (rightly so... sad to say).

8. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Siri Shortcuts doesnt work in the background. :(

I was hoping to improve my gigabyte per peso ratio.

potpot2 likes this.
  9. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

Not sure if it's working for me. My surf alert is active and when I subscribe to Go Surf 50 my data is cut off at 1GB. Sad. FYI I'm on postpaid.

Any proof this really works?

10. seahaven

seahaven Member

PerPer webs it is not true

11. john.roque

john.roque Member

Only 3GB on prepaid sadly. I have the prepaid home wifi and I ran out of data on my postpaid. Adding gosurf50 gave me 1gb, unlike on the home wifi where it gave me 3gb. Sad. :(

12. racz41

racz41 Member

One thing I noticed is that if you are accessing these websites/apps using your free 2gb, the speed is throttled.

Globe LTE is strong in my house, around 30mpbs download and upload

However when watching youtube using the free 2gb allowance, video quality is stuck at 360p, if i try to set it at 1080p takes a while to load.

13. imart

imart Well-Known Member

Sllightly OT

I dropped by Manila for less than 48 hours unplanned and had to switch my once nifty Globe prepaid SIM card, loaded it using some bank application before deplaning.

As usual, I would attempt to subscribe to gosakto thing, 100 mins calls to globe & tm + unli surfing. It would have cost me around 83 pesos but failed to register after so many tries.

Then, I decided to get surpersurf50 instead. Tada. Subscribed.

Browsed and booked grab to my hotel and didn't have much of an issue.

The following morning, i forgot to switch to WiFi to download/install app updates on iPhone. Then, got prompted with this lousy high data usage notification. Then it became slow.

I decided to call the hotline, got the supersurf unsubscribed and was advised to take a 7-day gosakto 140 cherva. I just wanted to reinstate the "normal" network speeds.

Then, the trouble didn't end. Slow till my departure last night.

I called the globe hotline many times. Opted to speak English for quick conversations but still got a persistent tagalog speaker.

We checked the APN and similar measures. Nothing improved.

I was told that my mobile number could be affected by some migration thing "to improve services". Jackpot. Para akong nanalo sa lotto except that the winners will get slow if not non-existent network connection.

Like I paid for candies in cash but got the wrapper instead. Like I paid for the MRT ticket, was asked to board the train but will only be told later that they'll hold our money even if the train won't move.

Escalations were made and I had to even suggest the hotline what could be done: give the money back to the customer because they are unable to deliver the service.

I sought for a manager, was told to hold for 15 mins. I waited. The same manager later is reported to be in a meeting na. Nice.

I had to use a network, not for facebook, not for instagram, but to book airline tickets; do cardless withdrawals, navigate thru google maps and other important things like that.

Passed by a globe shop in Gateway Mall, was told that they aren't supporting a freakin' iPhone XS. Not sure if there's really a significant difference between this and the iPhone X that merits some attention. Instead, i was shooed away to just go to the Apple Store behind (hello, iStudio isn't apple store sir). It wasn't even a device issue to start with.

Maybe in December at Christmastime, sana lang, that this will be a thing of the past. Naawa lang ako sa mga ibang customers who just keep quiet while Globe gets all the money without delivering prepaid services properly.

Ghibli likes this.
  14. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

I subscribe to this and before the 1gb is out, I use the free 2Gb to download movies from Netflix.

15. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Noticed this even on GoWatch29 postpaid add on. SD quality to stretch out the 2GB. My friend hotspots her iPad to her phone and can only watch 2 episodes when set to HD.

16. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. That’s blatantly unacceptable and Globe should have done more.

17. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

Android app I used for this is "Do it Later"

18. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Is this working? Any proof?

19. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

But in pay maya....
    C9612104-C504-4A76-91D4-4829E3C9B947.png