Gorgeous Apple Aerial Screensaver -- get it quick

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by Flim, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Flim

Flim Member

I happen to like screensavers (esp. for my 27" 5k iMac) and I was very happy to stumble upon this link that Apple TV's screensavers are now available for download on Mac. There are 10 places covered so far, and I've gone to New York and loving it. The igeeks link provides step-by-step download instructions and the Aerial.saver screensaver file from GitHub.

Note that the screensaver will work fine even if you get an error in previewing it in Systems Preferences -- "You cannot use the screen saver with this version of OSX. Please contact the vendor to get a newer version of the screen saver." It's a bug related to the OSX Swift language, as explained here. The screensaver will preview fine when you reopen System Preferences. (y)

insane_kiddo likes this.
  2. Flim

Flim Member

To make the screensaver move faster, press the J / K / L keys on the keyboard for rewind / pause / forward. Hitting the same key repeatedly speeds it up. You can choose only the aerial shots of the particular places you want and time of day. But note that it can be real slow because it streams from Apple.

3. quevedj

quevedj Member

nice! thanks!