Google Chrome Review..Comments Here

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ijingo, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Hi guys, first of all I'm a big fan of Google. I use Gmail, YouTube, Google Calendar, Alerts and now I'm beginning to love Google Chrome.

I like a simple browser but Chrome offers themes that you may use from time to time if you're bored already with the default one.

[​IMG]

I also like the incognito window if you don't want that site to be remembered. I love the contextual menu that starts with Open Link in New Tab. All browsers should make this as a default. Other browsers start with "New Window", that's only my preference. Might not be with the others.

Incognito snapshot:
    [​IMG]

Contextual menu:
    [​IMG]
    Opening a new tab is nice as well. It is similar to the "Top Sites" of Safari. However, Chrome gives you the option to view as icons or a list of sites visited. You can point the cursor to any site and make it permanent with the pin automatically opens up for you.

[​IMG]

On the other hand, you cannot go back to the top sites for easy site access vs Safari which is in the toolbar for easy access. You cannot customize the toolbar with Chrome.

No search field, the url field is the search field already. Obviously its Google, so you don't need that anymore. You can manage it anyway.

[​IMG]
    These are just my observations. Not to mention that Chrome has an acid3test perfect. No missing plugins.

Chrome does not support 1Pasword yet. I hope it will eventually. Let me add that Chrome is very fast as well. It loads fastest vs Safari and Firefox. you can try this by using Quicksilver.

#1 ijingo, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. jmtubera

jmtubera Member

Hometown: Cabanatuan City. Current: Sampaloc, Mani
    same here, i just tried it an hour ago, and base on my observation, its very good, fast but simple,, i also like their themes :D
    its quite confusing because ive been a fan of google for years now , and this was better ( i think) ;)

3. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I am back with Safari. Google Chrome doesn't offer me significant benefits. It is not faster. There is no way to backup your bookmarks. It doesn't sync with Xmarks. It doesn't show the Activity window so I could not download flash videos. My experience is compromised. I find the changes superficial.

4. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Google Chrome past up Safari users:

Source

[​IMG]

#4 ijingo, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  5. moliro

moliro Member

its good, quite faster than firefox... but i cant seem to configure my proxy server on chrome so im sticking with firefox...
    at home i use firefox with proxy server
    wifi hotspots and 3g internet, i use chrome

6. makingdots

makingdots Member

it's good, I prefer it over safari because of the tabs behavior...

- The tabs doesn't resize when you're still hovering - It's really good when you're viewing a lot of page (yeah a lot, making the tabs really small) for checking the latest stuff and immediately closing most of it.

- Right clicking links then "open in new tab" - it opens beside unlike safari it opens at last.

- Opening All bookmarks - I doesn't remove/close the current opened tabs.

BUTcurrently, one thing I don't like is the absence of bookmarks manager. =(

7. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

For me here's my take. I use Chromium more but I also have the official Chrome for Mac

The GOOD:
    - I can have multiple tabs on multiple windows by just dragging tabs in and out of windows. Makes sorting windows easier
    - Extensions work, well some do. Btw, there's Xmarks if you use Chromium and Google Bookmark sync if you use the regular one for your bookmark backups
    - Theme's! I use a black patterned theme, very nice

The BAD:
    - Lots of stuff doesn't work like Google Gears, Flash uploading and others.
    - Not much to configure. You can't even rearrange the icons in the toolbar

I guess we have to give it some time. The sad thing is most Google site have problems in Google Chrome.