GOMO no-expiry prepaid SIM + Apple Watch Cellular

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Adarna, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

It just occurred to me GOMO's no-expiry prepaid SIM would be the perfect "plan" for Apple Watch Cellular.

It's 299/year with a very large 30GB no expiry data.

Under the assumption that Apple Watch Cellular does not use as much data as an iPhone

2. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

but it needs to be an e-sim right?

potpot2 likes this.
  3. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

AFAIK, The number on the Apple Watch cellular must be the same number from the iPhone and yes it should be eSIM and Globe can activate eSIM for postpaid only on the phone. And this is precisely the reason that PH telcos do not have that capabilities and therefore Apple Watch Cellular is not officially sold here in the PH by Apple and that cellular model is not covered by local warranty.

4. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

I got all my phones an Gomo when it came out in the market last year, none yet used up data, ditched all my data plans on prepaid, now downgrade all my postpaids without data, now almost all my phones use gomo for calls and txt, soon I think I can get rids of all my prepaid sims,

have some Gomo sims around for backup, think of it as a 299 pesos plan for 11 year, thats 25 pesos a month with data, calls, and sms, who can beat this, but its for low usage person like me, no need to monitor the expiry of prepaid sims any more, also no more eating up of load, I keep 1 postpaid sim for each network or traveling,

btw gomo signal is so so worse compare to so so so bad globe signal in out area

potpot2 likes this.
  5. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

If you're only after the cellular data function, maybe yes (provided that GOMO can issue eSIM). Otherwise, you will not be able to take advantage of the phone calling, texting, emergency calls on fall detection, etc. because the number on your Apple Watch should be "synced" with your iPhone's phone number.

In countries where Apple Watch Cellular is offered, telcos can issue two sim cards (one for the iPhone, and one eSIM for the Apple Watch) which share the same number, data and voice plans.

I'm also waiting for Globe to offer this feature before I get an Apple Watch. They hinted on their website, since the 2018 eSIM launch, that it's coming "soon" (we're just not sure how soon lol).
    upload_2021-6-29_2-59-15.png