Gold's Gym

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by barre05, Apr 1, 2009.

1. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Hi guys.

I was hoping anyone could give me feedback about Gold's Gym?

I've checked their local website, and it's not very informative. Personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Was thinking of enrolling there this summer, (not sure which branch would be best) so I need help!

Thanks, PhilMUG! :)

2. EX3

EX3 Member

i guess it depends on what branch, i workout at golds wilson and here are a few things that i like about this gym

1. few people hehehe
    2. clean and orderly
    3. friendly staff
    4. valet parking

3. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

I can vouch for Gold's. I am a lifetime Slimmers member but decided to get membership with Gold's. I workout in Glorietta and Alabang. For me, the better one is Alabang.

The facilities are good and well maintained. The shower area is generally clean. They also have different classes like yogalites, cycling, aero, street dancing, etc.

;)

4. alfiesy

alfiesy Active Member

Gold's Gym Glorietta
    - locker area run down
    - shower facilities grimy
    - very crowded Mondays to Fridays, 5 to 8 pm

5. barre05

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I've tried out Slimmers a few years back (around 5 years ago?) and Fitness First, more recently. Slimmers was utterly lacking in facilities, while Fitness First, while okay, was becoming overcrowded and the equipment was getting worn out.

As far as I know, Gold's has branches in Alabang, Glorietta, Galleria, and Greenhills. Anywhere else?

coolpix32: sir, where in Alabang is the Gold's Gym branch? Is that the one near the Starbucks across ATC?

Thanks so much again, guys!

6. godivachoc

godivachoc Active Member

I work out at Glorietta branch and one thing I love about Gold's is people go there to actually exercise.

Bad --- It can get crowded after office hours and it's hot during the afternoon (or maybe because it's summer haha)
    Classes are good :)
    The locker area is pretty old though so I don't shower there since I live fairly nearby.

7. hrhmichael

hrhmichael Member

Other branches?

Here:

Gold's - Waltermart (North EDSA/Munoz) >> this is the newest branch i think

Gold's - Hotel Intercon

8. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I still like Gold's Glorietta. I actually have no complaints about it. Yup, it does get fairly crowded between 4-8PM, but which gym isn't crowded at that time? The showers could be better, but I don't shower din there, I walk to and from the gym, that's my warm up na kasi. I agree, people go there to work out, you won't see a whole lot of socializing unlike Fitness First.

9. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

pretty much that area. it's located at the third level of the BMW casa. it's visible from back of the Starbucks you were referring to.

:cool:

10. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Gold's Glorietta isn't really as bad. I've seen worse (and I do mean terrible). Locker area is not pristine but not dingy. The shower area is relatively okay for me. Not antiseptic clean but forgiveable (again, I've seen worse) . And yes, it can be very crowded (like all other gyms in makati).

Gold's Alabang is so far the best in all criteria mentioned below. :cool:

11. bux

bux Member

how much na gold's gym ngayon? any promos this summer?

12. barre05

A family friend gave us gift certificates, each worth 20,000 bucks, and the 20k cheque is supposedly good for a 4 month membership.

Hope that gives you an idea, more or less, since I myself have no other reference point for their membership costs. :)

13. jm2ph

jm2ph Member

I think you can get 15 months for about 13K. i work out in Glorietta but my home gym is alabang. i like alabang better but the trainers in glorietta are way more helpful. i think some of the trainers in alabang are lazy to spot.

14. barre05

Sorry, me again, just wanted to ask: If I enroll in one gym (e.g. Alabang), can I still go to the other branches of Gold's Gym?

15. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

The other one is Gold's Galleria..

In front of TGI Friday's and Gloria Jeans Coffee

16. bosbik

bosbik Member

isn't there also one near wilson?

17. barre05

Yup, there's one along Wilson St. Coming from Greenhills Complex, it's on your left, before you see the DEC store. :)

18. hrhmichael

hrhmichael Member

Yes. But limited ang number of visits.

19. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

Gold's bought the rights of the old gym along winson and named it Gold's

i dont think those intructors really assist the clients... only those who enrolled in their Private Training sessions. (actually all gyms are like that)

20. iTSmE

iTSmE Member

If you avail of their annual unlimited/passport membership, you will be able to workout in all branches, everyday, this is their most expensive package, not sure but somewhere around 70,000.
    There is other package, limited to 300 (not really sure) visits to specific branch (plus 14 visits for every other branches, in period of one year) which costs around 35,000 and there is a cheaper one which gives you 144 visits to specific branch (plus 14 visits for every other branches, in period of one year) which costs around 16,000 pesos, but again, their prices always changing, specially in summer when it's at its highest and best deal will happen in July (I'll renew mine in July as well).