Globe's outgoing SMTP server

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by Vince_02, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Vince_02

Vince_02 Member

I'm on iPhone plan. I can receive emails but cannot send via 3G.

APN settings are correct as I can surf the net.

Tried using mail.globenet.com.ph and smtp.globenet.com.ph as outgoing mail server suggested in some topics but neither work.

I left the port on default and SSL off. :(

2. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

As far as I know, the iPhone's mail SMTP is dependent on whatever mail client you are using, be it Yahoo, GMail, MobileMe or whatever.

3. ruprup

ruprup Member

I have noticed this too a few days ago. But I am using my Globe phone to download outlook emails. BUt i Can't seem to send. A few weeks back, I could. BUt lately I can no longer. Maybe there is something wrong???

The email I am using is our Company's via POP configuration

4. Vince_02

Vince_02 Member

I've already tried using default mail smtp when using Globe's 3G.

When I'm at home connected to my wi-fi (isp is pldt dsl), I cannot send emails too using default smtp of mail client.

I had to change my outgoing mail server to smtpdsl4.pldtdsl.net to send emails.

5. jbf_777

jbf_777 Member

just a suggestion, try to reset all your network settings.

6. coffeelover

coffeelover Member

Globe probably blocks all outgoing SMTP connections to prevent spamming. You may want to enable SSL connection to your SMTP server (of your mail host, if supported) for it to work. My gmail account works.

7. natsgo

natsgo Well-Known Member

That's because gmail uses a different SMTP port. :)
    Vince, you can try to set gmail as your outgoing SMTP server for all accounts.

8. coffeelover

coffeelover Member

You're right, ssl enabled smtp uses a different port, can't remember what port number, but it's standard. It also works with my yahoo account and another mail account as long as they support ssl smtp.

9. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

Globe blocked their port 2 to 3yrs ago...

thats why we are using sun now

10. Vince_02

Vince_02 Member

thanks @natsgo that one worked.

11. belle

belle Member

Is this still true? I've been trying to set up mac mail ever since I switch to globe six months ago and I still couldn't send any outgoing emails thru mac mail. I keep on calling globe customer service but they couldn't give me any concrete solution. Just recently I called them up since I've switch to mac outlook (thinking it might be the mac mail or something) and it still wouldn't send email. I tried it on windows outlook and still the same thing. I was yelling (out of frustration) at the person on the hotline to give me a solid answer and all they could tell me is that I have to find a third party technician or somebody to help me with this since my email account is active in their system and it's not their problem anymore!!!!!! Is this really how Globe answer these problems? If you said that Globe blocked their port then they should just say it so and don't bother with any email configuration on any other email program!!!!

12. fish

fish Member

when my iPhone is connected to a Globe connection, i can't send my yahoo mail. But when i transfer connection to a Smart connection, it can send. What gives?

any recommendations from those who experience this?