Globe's new policy on mobile data

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Jess, Jul 27, 2017.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

its 50GB max per bill protect as i have read in other forums. what about Platinum Plans? what the max GB before it slows down.

2. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

As per my rm, platinum is also affected by this unless on unli surf.

3. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

According to Globe on Messenger, it is. :confused:o_O (Sorry for the super small screenshot, it was taken from a group chat)

[​IMG]

According to their website though, it's also subject to FUP but it's threshold is "10x more" than regular postpaid, whatever that is. http://www.globe.com.ph/help/mobile-data-theplatinum

[​IMG]

#43 neilrg, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  4. francisian

This is what my RM said.

Attached Files:

5. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Right, you're not covered by Bill Protect but you *might* be covered by FUP for unli plans. Better clarify it with her.

6. francisian

For FUP, i was given a guarantee that no fup if on unli data. That is why i agreed to have it added to my plan. She claims it is true unlimited data. I have yet to check though since i have never even exceeded my data allocation. I just need the unli included in cases where i might exceed my data allocation. No money added to my plan anyway since the unli data component is only deducted from the consumable amount

neilrg likes this.
  7. jetan

the data allowance for non-unli data after hitting the billcap were not sure how much data is consumed before it slows down. as for ALL month surf were not also sure how much is the data here. it just says it's 10x more data vs regular plan so 30GB on 7999 is 300GB before it slows down.

someone needs to test their system on platinum.

8. lekramones

lekramones New Member

Globe should put a real number here because we don't exactly know how much is the usage of regular globe postpaid plan.

9. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

i hate Globe but you gotta give it to their team that proposes this kind of sh*t! with the new iPhone right around the corner, they can shove things like this and probably we will renew and new subscribers will still be lured.

i thought about getting a prepaid each time my contract is up but i still end up recontracting time and again. for worse to worst, guess i am stuck with Globe. lol! i hope i am still alive when new telco/telcos is welcome and give Globe (and Smart) a rude awakening. :p

10. jetan

from what i've read on other forums its 50G on regular postpaid plan. what i want to know is how much data is alloted on platinum plans all month surf.

11. cali_018

cali_018 New Member

nako kapag natapos ako sa contract ko sa globe, papa-cut ko na line ko.. or terminate na lang! badtrip yan.. sabi ni Pres. Duterte ayusin ng mga telco ang internet.. hindi pamahalin ng pamahalin ang bayarin ng consumer.. kaloka talaga!

12. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

This is insane... 1,500 pesos for 750MB? di ba parang kalokohan yun? so ibig sabinin mas maganda pang mag prepaid data na lang... Gosurf 999 is 8Gb... mag reload na lang palagi. OMG...

13. jetan

try Cherry Prepaid. 499 6GB for 60 days with additional rollver or 60 days.

14. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

Palusot lang nila yan to get away with legal

Its their excuse to get away with legal issues.

Pasok pa rin naman ang "subject to change without prior notice" nila sa agreement.

15. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Got my bill today. I was indeed charged 1,500 on top of my regular monthly 1799.

16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^same here... i had it reversed since i wasnt informed, but still its gonna be like this every month

GelOBrrz likes this.
  17. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Had mine reversed via the hotline as well. The agent told me to activate the surf alert to ON.

This way my data will be barred after i consume my monthly allocation so i can opt to register to other available surf promos.

GelOBrrz likes this.
  18. jetan

19. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

Is this the plan with fup even if you are in abs? what about the older plans like Best Ever Mysuperplan with gosurf pv999 5gb combo?

20. jetan

all globe postpaid plan has the same fup with abs.