Globe's new policy on mobile data

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Jess, Jul 27, 2017.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

no more ABS. you can either have time browsing on your account or get another line only plan.

2. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

Screw globe. their reason is pretty lame when all we know is its all because of money.

3. Guerde

Guerde Member

I'm confused. I received the same text about unbilled charges. When I checked my account online the bulk of the charge was allocated to data. I know I'm on ABS so I called the hotline. The CSR i spoke with explained to me that they have a new policy which started today! She called it "Surf protect" which basically adds 1,500 pesos on top of ANY gosurf plan. When usage exceeds 50gb, speed will be throttled.

I'm trying to search this policy on their website but I couldn't find anything related.

GelOBrrz likes this.
  4. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Damn. Why globe????! This is really unfair.

5. jetan

does this include PLATINUM plans on all month surf?

6. jetan

looks like the ABS is on top too expensive. 2499 you can have SMART ABS instead no datacap.

7. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

Where should we complain? Do you know any e-mail address where we can raise this concern? I remember AT&T were fined because of a similar incident. This is not what they promise. This is not what they advertised about ABS.

8. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Uhm, this is kinda wrong. They referenced their old Gosurf999 allocation instead of the new one to make it look like you're getting way more for less. It should be:

Surf Guard: Gosurf999 8GB + 1500/750MB = 2499 for 8.75GB vs
    ABS: Gosurf9998GB + P501/250MB = 1500 for 8.25GB (which if you look at is better and less expensive)

Right? In reality, you're now paying more for more or less the same amount of data.

rnav18 likes this.
  9. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

Thats how they treat loyal customers. Ginagago nila. I would understand if im a new customer pero for someone like us who's been using ABS eversince, its a big JOKE.

OhYeah likes this.
  10. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Gaguhan talaga sa Globe. I use to have ABS through business plan yet there is this one time that they charged me higher than the limit. They wont listen to your argument. Theirs is always right and enforceable.

11. jetan

Is there an anti-bill shock provision for your new GoSURF offers?

Yes, there is. The anti-bill shock guarantee for ThePLAN covers usage from your personal GoSURF data allowance and doesn't include your AddSURF allowance.

kalokohan.

12. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

been a long time user of Globe. last month i dropped my line and switched to prepaid temporarily before i switch to Smart.

whoever is managing Globes product and pricing scheme is a robot. their plans have become complicated, unreasonable and totally heartless. the Tinman would agree with this im sure.

13. jetan

What is Bill Protect?

The Bill Protect feature protects all our customers from incurring irregularly high data charges especially if they're not conscious of their data usage.

Once you've consumed your GoSURF or AddSURF allowance, you'll still be able to continue browsing on pay-per-use* of up to P1,500**. This allows you to stay online and use data without worrying about data charges.

*Pay-per-use is the payment method for paying only for what you use. For data usage on Globe Postpaid, it is at P2 per MB.
    **P1,500 is approximately 750MB of data.

well they released their policy already. what aout Platinum plans?

https://www.globe.com.ph/help/bill-protect

14. neilrg

Bill Protect is the same as anti-bill shock except you pay more. lol

[​IMG]

hokage6 and jetan like this.
  15. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

Globe is charging more :(

16. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

So 2,500 na rin abs ng Globe similar with smart?

17. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

That's why I cross out any provision that says they can edit it anytime and write "I disagree" in the contract and take a photo.

Makes good leverage for future complaints.

18. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Anyone has Plan Zero and tried this new Bill Protect? Say i won't subscribe to any Gosurf and just open my data and let it run for whole billing period, would it be 0 + 1500 + 50 = 1550 for a billing period?

19. neilrg

It's P2,500 if without GoSurf, but I'm not sure if it will work on Plan Zero.

20. jetan

ABS or bill protect is only available on GoSURF. regular browsing dont have ABS hence you'll have a big bill shock.