globe's bogus/unwanted data charges

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by bhoyetjumpay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. andyled

andyled Member

Hmm... I also got the same data charges for my two iPhone accounts. Both showed data usage of 1,440 bytes in one of my three days in HK last month. This happened despite the cellular data being off for both phones.

Had to call Globe to have it reversed. I tell you this is such a big hassle.

2. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

It seems that it is no longer wise to activate roaming when your going abroad. I too had a very hard time asking their support team to reverse the roam data charges which i did not use.

3. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

The best way to avoid those unwanted charges is to call the hotline 24 hours before your flight and request that your data be disable in their system. Ask for reference number that your request was successfully processed.
    Once you incurred roaming data charges while you're out of the country, they don't have any reason not to reverse the charges as you have the reference number.

As posted earlier that it takes 30 mins to make the request rather than spending days requesting for reversal.

"Globe agents will still insist that even if data cellular/usage is disabled on the phone, there is still a high possibility that you will be charged data usage as it is enabled in their system."

4. tsonggoman

tsonggoman New Member

That is not a real viable solution to this problem. The whole point of having roaming available is to be able to use your cellular service WHEN and IF the need arises (having to send out urgent business emails in areas without WiFi, for example). Having them turn off roaming defeats the point of bringing your mobile device. The actual issue here is Globe charging non-usage all willy nilly.

5. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

AMEN. I hate that the consumer ends up doing more stuff just in case the service or the product gets screwed.. and that we are somewhat being slowly brainwashed to do preventive stuff like what is mentioned rather than getting the convenience and quality from what we've actually paid for (sadly, I am also guilty of this)

6. tsonggoman

tsonggoman New Member

The suggestions Globe are providing are idiotic at best. It's like trying to fix a leak by shutting off the water mains. Whoever is making these suggestions are a horrible waste of oxygen.

I'm actually curious if this only happens to iPhones or are android devices affected as well.

7. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Idiotic it is but i would rather take an idiot's advice to prevent me from further inconveniences and would have to spend my time talking to more idiots over the hotline.
    Internet is very accessible these days than a bottle or cup of water. Having my data usage in roaming mode is rather more an idiotic idea knowing that i have to talk to more idiots over the phone once i was charged the roaming rate (which is 599 per day - which i decided to just pay it than rant over the phone and this forum about it). Note that data is disabled only upon request and not the incoming and outgoing calls and texts.
    No offense meant here. But their system is treated as 'errorless' so 'you used it you pay it or else we will cut your line and endorse the collection to an agency' attitude.
    Btw, android phones are having these charges as IT IS NOT THE PHONE THAT CAUSES THE CHARGES. IT IS THEIR SYSTEM ONCE IT DETECTS THAT YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY.

#167 Fervish, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  8. tsonggoman

tsonggoman New Member

Forgive me, but the comment about taking an idiots advice made me chuckle.

I will just take it that our needs and requirements vary greatly. I DO use my phone's data when it is more convenient for me to do so. But I refuse to pay for the days I did not use it. How does it feel like when you buy a burger, then the counter guy takes a huge bite out of it and hands it to you?

9. mig

mig Active Member

Bumped my plan up to avoid being overcharged. It "worked" in that sense but their system still reflects double my own tracking. If my phone says I used 1GB, their system always reflects 2GB. Ridiculous.

10. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

we all know that globe's system had errors in regards to data usage/charges but i just wonder why globe didn't have any resolutions. one year is not sufficient to resolve this issues?! have a wonderful year globe!!!

11. tsonggoman

tsonggoman New Member

Quite honestly, I wouldn't have been so ticked off about this if Globe handled this whole situation better. There will always glitches and problems with any systems. But the way Globe handles this thing is very well bordering on scamming subscribers.

12. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

I just have time to went to Globe center last week. I've been wondering about this club content subscription that have been charged to my bill as data consumption. I'm on plan 1799 so data is unlimited (though not literally :p). Hidden charges started last year pa, around August and until now still counting.

They checked and verified that I have hidden charges. the CSR told me that they've been receiving several complains already about this. I think per month I'm charged of P300 on average. They waive all of those charges. All in all, it turns out that I overpaid my bill. Now I'm free of bill for the month of March and April.

PS. This is the first time I went out the Globe center smiling.. In a sarcastic way. :)

13. bhoyetjumpay

an epic saga update :p

just viewed my latest billing and i'm not surprised anymore that i have data activities (2,674 minutes) even though my mobile data access is deactivated from their system last 08 Mar (my billing cycle is 10 Mar to 09 Apr). now i'm requesting globe to reverse all my data charges from Mar 2014 up to now (with in my consumables) since this was agreed based on my reference number.

also, they recommended to change my old plan to mylifestyle plan but it is not guaranteed that the bogus data charges will be fixed. and if the mylifestyle plan failed to fix i cant go back to my old plan :(

14. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

So the BS continues :p I admire your patience Bhoyet! I thought they said that you can no longer get grandfathered plans? Sheesh! Now they want you to be test subject number 11109902011 #donotlosehopewhenstillincontract :p

15. bhoyetjumpay

my take, kung tama walang paguusapan but kung mali may paguusapan tayo:p

16. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

My friend went to globe center for 5 times for reconnection before finally realizing that it was not her that was the problem. Now they waived all data charges and she now has 4 months worth of credit/overpayment. Even after upgrading to MLP she experienced it so I suggest you just keep on escalating when it happens.

17. bhoyetjumpay

thanks rdy0329, i'm about to change my old plan to mylifestyle plan til i read your post.

last night i received text from globe and states that "we have completed your request for your globe account. your reference no. is xxxxxxxx. thank you." i immediately check my plan balance thru 2312 and gservice app but nothing has changed. call 211 to inquire what that text message means, the agent said that my request is still being process and on going investigation. how come it was completed but still on going, labo nyo globe :mad:

18. Nicky

Nicky Member

^ My bogus data charges stopped the moment I subscribed to a GoSurf plan (and the way Globe tracks my usage on their GoSurf counter has been accurate as well), but if they can't even guarantee that it will end when you sign up to My Lifestyle Plan, then you're perfectly within reason to exercise caution.

19. bhoyetjumpay

thanks nicky, anyways, it seems the supervisor (which i've talked that last 08 Mar) is not cooperating since he is the one who will justify and reverse all my data charges from Mar 2014 up to now.:mad:

20. bhoyetjumpay

updates;

went to globe store and got a que number, being the 10th on the line and for almost an 1 hour eh just one customer is being served. so think a quick and effective strategy, i asked politely one of the globe peoples

ma'am, wala po ba kayo available agent para sa platinum or blue subscriber?
    sir, platinum subscriber ba kayo?
    hindi
    eh blue subscriber?
    hindi rin but nangagasul na ako sa galit kasi 14 months na akong nagrereklamo regarding data charges!

in just five minutes one of the agents accommodate me :cool:

i explained my complains and concerns and agent verified my tons of reference number on my account, the agent computed my data charges from March 2014 (yes its year 2014) up to my latest billing and reversed all bogus data charges.

next month (my recent billing) may ipapareverse pa ako kasi based on my dashboard at globe.com.ph eh my data activities pa ako even though naka deactivate yung data ko sa system nila.

hehehehe, next year na ako magbababayad ng bill sa globe. :p