globe's bogus/unwanted data charges

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by bhoyetjumpay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

So what about their reasoning that the foreign partner telco reported that there was usage? Does this mean nagkamali rin ng reporting yun roaming partner?

2. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

likening this to leaving your Globe powered mobile phone here in Manila prior to leaving for abroad.
    good advice! thanks!

3. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

This also happened to me. They charge me for data roaming when i was in singapore. Turned off my data already, but they charged me still. I think Globes systems really sucks to the highest level. All they can do is escalte escalte and escalte for no resolution at all. Buti pa sa smart kapag kinausap mo ang CSR may immediate action agad.

4. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

He couldnt give me a straight answer except if i get data charges again, just go back to them and they will waive it.

Never had problems roaming before. Only this time that i was charged with such. I was always on voice/sms roaming when i go abroad.

In fairness to both business centers i went to. They were fairly easy to talk to and very "efficient". I guess they are used to their syatem charging people with data usage now hehehe

5. ron27

ron27 Member

I was charged close to 6000 pesos in roaming charges last December, this despite the fact that I had it documented in Globe's records that I had my data services deactivaated last November.

Every time I call the hotline, they agree that I shouldn't be charged for roaming and end up creating a bill adjustment request. And within 24 hours this request is denied through a text message. When I call them back they explain that the previous agent did something wrong with the request so they have to rework and resubmit the request. I've been given 5-6 reference numbers already since January and up until now, it doesn't look like they're going to fix my billing issues.

I've been repetitively going through the same thing for more than a month now and although I still have a newly created request with reference number today, something tells me expecting it to turn out any different from previous requests is improbable.

Do any of you guys know an email address or a person I could contact whose a bit higher up in the management chain who can help? The hotline is making me go around in circles and globe business centers refer me back to the hotline. I've contemplated writing a letter explaining my whole story and emailing it to [email protected] but I've read other users report that they don't even respond to you at that email. I also wonder if this is the sort of thing Dobi at the other thread could help with but then baka di din ako pansinin.

#145 ron27, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  6. Nicky

Nicky Member

^ "More than a month" is still too early to expect a resolution from Globe. They'll put you through the wringer first. :D
    Now I'm convinced, I might as well take out my SIM and rent a pocket WiFi on my next trip abroad...ends up cheaper than the fixed data roaming rate because I can share the connection and cost with others. :)

7. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Call 211 and immediately ask for a shift manager. They have more credit allowance to give. 6k is pretty small and even a sup can actually wave that. Just be firm and adamant and ask that they reverse it on that call. Dont accept the 24 to 48 turn around time. They just reversed 57k on my account although not roaming charges.

8. ron27

ron27 Member

Thanks Francisian I will try that!

The sad thing is I know so many people who are getting these bogus charges on their accounts and it really looks like a technical issue with Globe and pag dating sa reversal pahirapan pa.

9. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

you can do what i did. went to their business center and be done with.

10. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

Try to send Dobi a message. If all else fails, you can try what a friend of mine did - He posted his complaint via Globe's facebook account, sent it via pm, and left multiple comments on their ads. If it doesn't work.. call the NTC hotline or leave a complaint via their website... and then take a screenshot of your complaint and post it again and again on their facebook page until they reach out to you :p

11. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

either 211 or at globe store can waive bogus data charges, last night called 211 to reverse data charges on my mom's postpaid line (tied on my account), i requested to waive 22.65 petot :p and it was granted. as i've said to agent kahit piso yan irerequest ko i-waive because i didn't used since the mobile data access was already requested two months ago but still it appeared on my latest billing :mad:

my complaint about bogus data charges is still under investigation daw, wtf... one year is too much to solve and give solution on the issue. for the span of one year their supot team has no reply at all after series of follow thru email, 211 and twitter. it is very inconvenience to call every month for almost 1 hour to explain, discuss with the agent or more than 1 hour to wait to be called on globe store. globe's service is really deteriorated!!!

12. ron27

ron27 Member

Just an update!

I followed francisian's advice and asked for the shift manager, the agent asked if a supervisor can speak to me so I agreed na rin. That seemed to help because within 2 hours after the call, I got a text from Globe saying my request has been approved. And I also got a sms from the supervisor telling me the same thing. I'm so glad I can put this behind me now after weeks of aggravation and as always thanks to the very helpful people in philmug!

13. bhoyetjumpay

just talked (211) with the supervisor, he gave me a temporary solution to see what causes the bogus data charges, his genius solution is to disable my mobile data access and i dared him that all the data charges (including the charges within my consumables) will be reverted from March 2014 (yes 2014) up to present when i have data activities after the data is disabled and he obliged on my request. he processed and gave me a reference number and said that they already disabled and there is no way i can make data access now.

hahahaha,i immediately test when we ended our conversation if i can have mobile data access and lol & behold i can still browse :p

[​IMG]

#153 bhoyetjumpay, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  14. Nicky

Nicky Member

Yikes, hindi pa tapos ang iyong saga. :(

15. bhoyetjumpay

yup, just like soap opera, forevermore ata eto, hahahaha.

16. bhoyetjumpay

update:

just called 211 now and confirmed that my mobile data access is disabled on their system last 08 Mar at around 8:22 pm, on the first day of my billing cycle which is on 10 Mar, i didn't used my mobile data up to now but upon checking i already consumed my free 3 hours mobile data. wtf, how come i accumulated more then 3 hours eh disabled na yung mobile data ko sa system nila. globe system really sucks:mad:

since i have a reference number and stated that once i have data activities after they disabled my mobile data access they will reverse my data charges (within my consumables) from March 2014 (yes 2014), i demanded immediate reversal but they said i have to wait for my billing to be generated which is on 09 Apr :(. my estimate reversal is more or less PhP5,100.00

my other concern is what for pa sa mga prepaid users who are being charged of mobile data which they are not using. tsk...tsk..tsk...

17. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Yan ang sikreto ng globe in gaining profits...

18. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

Only proves that they do not have the capacity to measure data usage. There was also a time where I asked why they do not reflect the actual data consumed (the bill reflects timestamps on when you used your data) on your monthly bill.. until now no one has answered that from globe. Nil. Nada. Zilch.

Not sure if Globe is doing this now (I still haven't received my final bill from them)

19. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

I just discovered in my bills that Globe actually charges me twice for VAT.

You may check your bills to make sure. VAT must be inclusive of the plan and the cashout of the handset and not on top of them.

After an hour of conversing with a stupid CSR and proved to him that it was a bogus charges for 3 consecutive billing period, he finally reversed the bogus charges.

20. tsonggoman

tsonggoman New Member

Just got my March bill and saw I was charged for 2 days of unlisurf data roaming despite cellular data being off. I would probably doubt myself if I turned it off or not, if it weren't for 3 facts:

1. The fact that this is the third time this happened.
    2. The dates when I supposedly used data happened while I was on day 3 and 4 of my trip and I am sure I turned data off before the flight.
    3. All the data usage is exactly 1440.00 bytes. WHO THE HELL USES JUST 1440 BYTES???

I got the first two incidences reversed but this is getting tiring. It seems to be that there is a massive screw up happening somewhere in Globe and the subscribers are paying for it.