globe's bogus/unwanted data charges

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by bhoyetjumpay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

This thread is like an abusive relationship support group. The offending party says sorry and is given chance after chance to change but doesn't. The only solution is to leave :)

2. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

If Globe's system is creating undue charges then the fault is theirs alone. It's not our problem if they fail to provide a correct metering system since it's their job to do so in the first place.

3. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

been constantly follow up for months my reference number about bogus data charges thru twitter, 211 and globe store and yet their support team have no action at all. :(

4. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

what do they say to you? ask for a supervisor or a shift manager. they normally fix my issues. never rely on an agent alone.

5. bhoyetjumpay

i already did that couple of times but still nada :(

6. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

That sucks. Make sure though that you are speaking to real sup or managers. Some agents pretend to be a sup/ manager and i have caught those type of agents several times.

7. bhoyetjumpay

pati ba naman sa mga supervisor or manager eh may bogus din:p. anyways, to all the supervisors or managers i've talked they said that they will handle it personally but as i said still nada. i think they did their part but their supot este support team do nothing

8. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

That's hilarious. Bogus supervisors and managers to match the bogus data charges. I'm seeing that happen to my gf now. I have three reference numbers and even a voice recording. This is a class action lawsuit just waiting for the right lawyer. Lol

9. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

Bottom line is that their system, process, and overall customer service is CRAP.. and to even come up with a GENERIC spiel for every pressing concern that customers have is just downright hilarious. This is why I plan to end my misery next week when my contract expires.

I've been charged with international data roaming packs that I did not ask for - when my international data roaming option is disabled via their so called system, and turned off via my settings.. and when my cellular data is also turned off. Damage - around 4k (I got them reversed after talking to a csr and explaining to them for more than an hour that who in their right mind would use cellular data inside Changi Airport when there's free wifi at blazing speed - since I got charged during the days that I arrived and departed SG)

Imagine having to go through the hoops, especially now that they are "regulating" data usage (which they claim that they can monitor). Good luck to those brave souls that are now running with the new plans. We've all heard and experienced a fair share of the horror stories, and when the only perk you get is ehem* ehem*.. "you get to keep your number" then I guess that what one of our fellow muggers said is on point - "Don't worry about changing your number, people important to you will always find a way to reach you and you them"

I never thought the day would come where the services of BIR, SSS, LTO, etc.. are better in comparison to a privately owned, multinational conglomerate. Mierda.

10. bhoyetjumpay

i used twitter to follow up my complaint because it was easy, type then send but globe representative at twitter is no use at all for me. they gave up on my concerns and their genius recommendation is to "visit the nearest globe store"? what the f*#%, i have to wait in line for hours just to talk to their representative and the only thing they will say is "your reference number is under investigation" for the past 6 months eh yun lagi naririnig ko sa inyo.:mad:

11. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

They make you visit the store so you can call their hotline from there.. and will usually tell you that they don't have access to their own system. EPIC FACEPLAM moment. Maybe one of these days they'll do the Marshawn Lynch when you ask a store rep.. they'll just go like.. "I'm just here so I don't get fined".. I mean fired.. here have some skittles..

GLOBE take note: Skittles! Skittles help make the world a better place! :p

12. Nicky

Nicky Member

I've had zero success with contesting bills on Twitter and e-mail. Like, on e-mail they absolutely ignored me when I replied with attachments that supported my dispute. IGNORE talaga ha.
    Globe Store Market Market ignored my bill reversal request. Globe Store SM Bicutan helped me out. I had to call the hotline and I've been all OK naman with the hotline bill reversal requests.

I'm just going to remove my SIM card when I go abroad, after all these horror stories on roaming. And it's cheaper to rent a pocket WiFi too. :p

13. arubeto

arubeto Member

Why don't you just deactivate your roaming if you are planning to remove your sim then have the request documented? This way if you get charged, you can just refer to your request so you'll have a strong proof that you did not use any roaming related services.

14. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

just checked my billing online and saw they charged me data roaming whenever i turn on my phone to check for incoming text messages. my 3g/data roaming are all off. time to visit the globe business center. tsk.

15. Nicky

Nicky Member

That's one of the horror stories mentioned here. They requested to deactivate roaming but still got charged with roaming. Yadda yadda bill contests and so on. :)
    And honestly, I don't want to go through any more reversal requests. I've done more than enough of those.

16. arubeto

arubeto Member

I understand your frustration as I have another issue with their hotline. But I am just thinking, with all these issues, how can you prove to them that you did not open your SIM the whole time you were abroad? So it's contesting a charge with proof that you had it deactivated vs just simply not using the SIM with only your word as proof. If the roaming was indeed deactivated, then they cannot use the SIM abroad. If that is the case, chances are you will be getting the same charges since yours is still technically activated. So for me you will fare better in contesting an erroneous charge (in case you get one) if you still request for deactivation as compared to your original plan :)

17. jay_dls

jay_dls Active Member

Apparently, even if you've opted to turn off your cellular data (via phone settings) or even when you signed up with globe (Via tick box option to disable international data roaming).. it apparently does not matter at all since it will always be "ON" via their system. They will probably tell you that they'd have to investigate since the data charge originated from another telco provider (whichever telco partner they have in the country that you visited). Just give them a call and be adamant that you want the charges reversed.

18. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

visited the business center and they waived the 5 days of data roaming.

and upon checking, my data option is "off" in their system. also show the guy that the total data used with the iphone was only 40mb since 2013.

19. Nicky

Nicky Member

It takes all of 5 seconds to remove my SIM card from my phone at the airport before boarding to avoid charges with a foreign partner carrier, compared to 5 minutes to request for deactivation that is not even guaranteed to not be charged to my bill, add to that another X number of weeks of waiting anxiously for the bill to arrive and another potential 5-10 minutes to request the reversal and and another 4 weeks of waiting for the next bill, at the very least. That's my reasoning. ;)

So there really is a discrepancy between their system settings and their billing, and it's been going on for YEARS.

20. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Got my January bill and found out I was double-charged for Unlisurf. I emailed Business Support (I'm on a Corporate Plan) and they said it was valid since it was after my cut-off. So in effect, I was paying for the old Unlisurf and the new GoSurf 999 (that came with my iPhone 6+ plan). Told them it was stupid to charge me for 2 data plans and I wasn't gonna pay for the old Unlisurf. They waived it after a day.