globe's bogus/unwanted data charges

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by bhoyetjumpay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. mig

mig Active Member

Disappointed yet again. Apparently I "used" 2gb of data despite my phone saying otherwise.

EDIT: Phone currently says 88mb of data used since my cut-off. The tracker on the Globe website says 271mb used. Wtf?

#81 mig, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. pael

pael Well-Known Member

I am also on the same bot. Got a 1.5gb warning. Reset cellular data usage counter. Then got a 2.5gb warning, but my counter only reads 700Mb.

3. BelCanto

BelCanto Member

^^

Same scenario here.

I think Globe is manipulating their data counter so they can charge the Php1,500 anti-bill shock limit?

Good thing I still didn't migrate to Go Surf. And after knowing that it's not just me who's experiencing this Globe data counter crap, I will stick to my Unlisurf.

4. enigma

enigma Member

I am still fortunate that my phone's data counter and that of Globe's is almost on the same range, with Globe's data counter about 11 to 50 MB higher than that of my phone's counter.

5. view2darrel

view2darrel Member

i also got this text message saying i already consume 1.5gb of data. i was using waze that time when the message arrives. Im on 16th month of my contract and this is a first considering im not a heavy data user. My data counter reads 300MB.

[​IMG]

6. freegan

freegan Member

I was wondering whether anyone else has encountered iMessages being deducted from the monthly consumable.

'Cause I'm mostly using iMessage and last time I checked, it's supposed to be free as long one's connected to WiFi or mobile internet, but more some reason, it's eating up into my consumable balance.

7. vaughnedward

vaughnedward Member

can you post a screenshot of your bill? Baka meron na rin kami :)

8. freegan

freegan Member

I left the copy of my latest bill in the office but here's a SS of my Plan Meter Usage from Globe's website. It shows here that I sent about P205 worth of SMS already but as I've mentioned, most (about 80%) of the messages I sent during the month are iMessages, so pretty weird that those are being charged on my plan as regular SMS. [emoji19]

[​IMG]

9. vaughnedward

vaughnedward Member

you might want to call their hotline to verify. baka glitch na naman sa kanila yan

10. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi? Is the 'Send as SMS' disabled in your setting? Try disabling and see if your still being charged. I had the same issue with FaceTime but with Smart.

11. arubeto

arubeto Member

You can also take a SS of you bill online then just edit out the nunbers. Also check one number from that bill and compare with your message thread. Check if there are green bubbles

12. freegan

freegan Member

It is enabled. Ok will try disabling it and see if it makes any difference. Thanks

13. freegan

freegan Member

I didn't know that's possible. Thanks for the tip. I only got to see my bill for Nov (I'm not billed for Dec yet), and I can't count in full since I got the new iPhone last month and don't have access to SMS in my old phone anymore.

So I tried counting my SMS for Dec manually and compared it against what's showing in my Plan Usage Meter and it seems there are still iMessages being counted as SMS. Anyhow, I'd rather suspend on this until I get my see my Dec bill in full. Imma count again by then.

14. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Also, please check the color of your messages.

Blue - iMessage
    Green - SMS

So pag green msgs then you will be charged accordingly. Better po disable the 'Send as SMS' ;-)

15. mig

mig Active Member

260mb on my phone, 560mb on the Globe Dashboard. Something fishy is going on here. Has anyone called to complain? I've been having data volume problems for the past 6 months but this is the first time I've been able to track what the Globe system is reflecting.

16. derick8405

derick8405 Member

why not get the add-on of unlitext all network?

17. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi? Is the start date of your tracker the same on the phone? Like when the bill cut off is 17, the data usage monitor on the phone is set to 18 - 17?

Try Onavo Count in App Store.

#97 Fervish, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  18. mig

mig Active Member

Of course. If my tracker cut-off dates weren't the same, I wouldn't be complaining.

I use My Data Manager but it's also inaccurate. No data use on days that I did use data, data use on days that I was only on WiFi with data off, etc. A data counter app won't make much difference because the iPhone itself tracks data use. Counter apps just visualize it better/make it easier to check. There's definitely a huge inconsistency and it looks like I'm not alone with the problem.

19. freegan

freegan Member

I don't think I'll need that tho given iMessage and all these messaging apps offering free texts.

20. mig

mig Active Member

Can anyone help me out on this? I checked with Globe's Twitter support on the inconsistencies and this is what I got in response. I'm not buying it. How could the iPhone's own counter be wrong? And how else are we supposed to track our data?

"Hi, the Iphone data counter is not really an accurate way of telling your data usage exactly. Due to the design of network infrastructure, Iphones do not report their usage according to the device data counters (hex / binary ticker that counts packets in and out of the device), our system monitors the data served and received. At best, it is only indicative but not in any way reflective of the actual data used. Thanks."