globe's bogus/unwanted data charges

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by bhoyetjumpay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

I AM NOT FROM GLOBE but i had these charges before so many times already.

Globe's system will auto charged once it detected that you're on roaming. By merely turning on your phone to receive incoming text messages, globe's system will detect that you're outside the country and will auto charged you with that 599. I had these incidents so many times once on roaming. Noone knows but that's how intelligent globe's system is. It happens with ios and android phones in my experience despite roaming was off.

Ridiculous as others would call it but the only solution to avoid these charges is to do what that agent told you - call the hotline to deactivate your data roaming before your flight. Wifi anyway is readily available and free than a bottle of water these days.

Well, it comes to the point you have to choose one: better had it deactivated or will waste your time calling globe's hotline and hearing nonsense. The best part is the agent trust their system than the customer.

#201 Fervish, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

Hi. Is it possible to deactivate data roaming only? So everytime we go abroad we will not be charged with data?

3. DATC

DATC Member

Here's the thing. The past 12 months, I went abroad 4 times when I rented a pocket wifi and absolutely did not use data roaming. The first 2 times, I also did not get any bogus charges.

On my 3rd travel, I spent 8 days abroad but got charged only in my stopover at HKG on my way home. The fourth time, I was away 7 days but got charged only the first 2 days. My wife was with me on 3 of these trips, sharing the pocket wifi, but never got charged anything.

If it's correct that we get charged once globe detects roaming, how come I got charged only 3 days out of about 25 days roaming? And why didn't my wife get charged anything?

4. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

They will also deactivate your cellular data, experienced this the last time I requested to deactivate my data roaming.

5. DATC

DATC Member

It doesn't make sense to deactivate roaming for me. I want to have the reassurance that should wifi not be available, I would still have the option to connect via data roaming.

6. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

NEW 'bugos' charges. I was surprised to see this. It started last November 2015 which i had it reversed then i got thesse charges again for today's billing.

Attached Files:

7. xtine

xtine Active Member

I also noticed I (and my sisters) always get data charges every month on our bill despite cellular data always being turned off (we have wifi at home and at the office so we hardly ever need mobile data). We even changed the APN (to internet.globe.p1111 and even internet.sun.com.ph!) and tried to test it but despite the wrong APN, we're able to connect to the internet when we turn data on. Anyone having the same problem? Know any other workarounds?

Just this month alone, my sister was charged for 810 minutes (Php 270) worth of data that she swears she never used. Tried asking Globe to reverse charges but everyone I spoke to (through chat & hotline) insisted we'd have to pay. It's not a big amount but since it happens monthly, the charges add up.

8. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Is GServices total data consumed realiable? Before my cut-off i check my data usage, it is 1.4GB (I'm on GOSurf 299 1.5GB).. so i was confident that i will not be charge for excess data usage. When i receive my billing today, it was stated there that i consumed 2.2GB; therefore 800php was billed on top of my monthly plan.

Can i still reverse this charges? Having hard time calling globe customer service.

Maybe from now on, i should take a screenshot of GServices Data Monitoring as a proof that i indeed was on my monthly allowable GB usage.

9. Nicky

Nicky Member

Deactivate your data on the lines by calling Globe. Are you and your sisters subscribed to any GoSurf plan? I got these bogus charges before I got GoSurf. It's a really bad flaw in their system.

I do take the screenshots every month since I was actively participating in this thread. :D
    But I also double-check on My Data Manager and iOS Settings, but if in any case you used your phone as a personal hotspot, they'll only show up in G Services.

10. xtine

xtine Active Member

We can't deactivate data because of the rare times we actually do need it. The only solution we have for now is to upgrade our old (MySuperUnli) plans to the new MLP with Surf More. At least, even if data gets triggered, it's covered by the 3GB allowance.

I just find it strange how even with the APN changed, we still get internet access.

11. Nicky

Nicky Member

Yeeeeah. I still got charged even when I put my phone in airplane mode, so I'm not surprised to hear your case after changing the APN. When I checked my account at a Globe Store, there were data charges during the exact times I knew my phone was in airplane mode.
    The only solution that worked for me was deactivating my data completely.
    I think you'll find those "phantom charges" will disappear now that you've upgraded. That's exactly what happened to me.

12. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones (so far). I just turn off cellular & change the APN & so far no bogus/unwanted charges.

13. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

It's a smartphone after all...

So as Globe's system...

Get GoSurf 99 - 100 MB so you're atleast protected from the minute or kb charging.

14. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

the bogus data charges was gone since i upgraded my plan from fullyloaded to mylifestyle plan.

my original plan was 3 hours of mobile data and now 1.5 gb per month (with free facebook and instagram for 24 months due to recontracting last december). i never turn off my data since it automatically changes to wifi when i'm at home or at office.

15. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

best answer is to turn off your data on your device and use the local prepaid sim on where you're going to.

16. saibot

saibot Member

Hi guys,

When Globe says

upload_2016-1-29_1-28-38.png

Does this mean it will be subtracted on my monthly allotted data?

Thanks,
    tObi

17. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Globe answers No. It's free.

saibot likes this.
  18. saibot

saibot Member

Thanks Fervish, hmmm but when i check my account on using 143*1 it looks like my FB usage is being computed as well... hehehe.

19. DATC

DATC Member

Doesn't free FB have to be through free.facebook.com? Meaning, if you use your FB app, you still get charged for data use.

20. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

As long as it says "Facebook with Free Data" in FB app, the GoSURF data allocation won't be consumed.
    For my additional line, I activated it through the *143# menu: Surfing > Free FB&Viber > Start Now > Free FB.

[​IMG]