Globelines wireless router H9300G

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by macmackie, Aug 17, 2007.

1. macmackie

macmackie Member

I might sound a bit primitive in asking this but im gonna ask anyway. How do I connect wirelessly to Globelines' wireless router H9300G through airport? Globelines tech support seems to have no clue when it comes to the mac interface and so am i (im a newbie).

We (me and the tech support guy in globelines) managed to configure the router and establish a wireless security password using my other computer (a desktop pc) through the usual lan line.

All i want is to be able to connect wirelessly anywhere inside the house using my new mac. Please help an lowly ignorant newbie here. Thanks!

2. bon

bon Active Member

On a computer that is physically connected to the H9300G via Ethernet, open the browser and surf to http://192.168.1.254 to log into the router. The user name should be "admin" - I don't remember anymore what the default password is, if any (you should check with Globelines). After successfully logging into the router control panel, click on Configuraton -> Lan -> Wireless - ensure that "WLAN Service" is enabled. Choose "802.11b + g" if you have wifi devices that use both standards; if you are only going to use it on your Macbook, you can choose "802.11g."

Under "LAN" you will find the "Wireless Security" submenu. Under security mode choose either "WPA1 Pre-Shared Key" or "WPA2 Pre-Shared Key". Then in the blank labeled "WPA Pre-Shared Key," enter your desired wireless password. Choose "Save Config" and Restart the router.

On your Mac, make sure that Airport is turned on and have the computer scan for access points. Log into your H9300G router via wifi, using the WPA password you specified above.

3. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

hmmm... my friend got 9200 hurricane prolink... and we bought a wrt54g... we cant get it to work

4. skinhead

skinhead Active Member

im using that same router, im connected wirelessly via airport... If bons advice is still a no go, Just PM me ill walk you through it :rolleyes:

also a suggestion dont use safari when setting it up ( http://192.168.1.254 ), use either firefox or camino.

5. rexfuge

rexfuge Member

this happened to me when i got my globe broadband...
    what i did was i turned the airport off, and then turned it back on... (from the menu bar)
    let my airport discover the router... without going to the system preferences...

i can can also suggest that you do this via the ethernet cable... sometimes firefox wont connect everytime i change my wpa password from the sytem settings....

:))

#5 rexfuge, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  6. macmackie

macmackie Member

yahey! it worked! Thanks sir bon, sir skin head, and sir fudge! im now surfing wirelessly. sa uulitin po!

7. macmackie

macmackie Member

Hi, it's me again. I would just like to know how i can change my wep password. My other laptop refuses to accept my current password because apparently it has issues with the length of the password. I just would like to shorten my wep password. thanks in advance.

Edit: Called the tech guys from globe to inquire regarding this. As usual the tech guy from globe doesnt have a clue how to change wep passwords. Funny and annoying at the same time.

#7 macmackie, Dec 26, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  8. skinhead

skinhead Active Member

from your routers addy go to Configuration ->LAN->Wireless Security

HTH :)

[​IMG]

9. skinhead

skinhead Active Member

after changing it dont forget to Save Config to FLASH..

10. macmackie

macmackie Member

thanks po sir skinhead!

bakit kaya hindi alam ng globelines tech guys ito?

11. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem with my macbook. I thought I had a problem with my airport because with my ibook I didnt have any problems connecting to H9300G but thanks to this thread I was able to connect to wifi now Im happy using my new macbook surfing :D :D thanks guys. thanks philmug

12. keyboardstyli

keyboardstyli Active Member

That only happens either if you got to talk to a newbie tech support &/or just attribute that perhaps to the quality of training (or the lack of it), and the unfortunate limited scope of support being given by our Broadband Providers locally. :mad:

13. bmsantillan

bmsantillan Active Member

Any solution for this? :slanted:

14. santino

santino Member

Got this setup working for my in-laws. The trick is that you need to use a LAN port instead of the WAN port on the Linksys router. You will also need to disable DHCP on one device (I suggest the Linksys router.) I'll post simple instructions from memory; (sorry but I don't have a WRT54G here so I can't post screen shots)

1. Log into the Linksys router and disable DHCP. DHCP will be handled by the prolink 9200. 2 DHCP servers on a single LAN is a no-no.

2. Connect the prolink 9200 to a LAN port of the Linksys, instead of the WAN port.

3. Reboot both devices to clear ARP tables.

Essentially, you will be using the WRT54G as an access point instead of a router. The prolink 9200 will handle the routing and DHCP functions.

Hope this helps.

15. santino

santino Member

Might want to do a renew of DHCP on your workstations as well during step 3

16. bmsantillan

bmsantillan Active Member

Will try it out. Thanks a lot :)

17. r0cks0ul

r0cks0ul Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Hi Santino has a point we call it cascading since both of the device acts as a router you have two options:

1. Connect Ethernet cable on 1 of the LAN Ports of the H9300G and the the other end of the Ethernet cable on the Internet Port of the LinkSys.
    -- You dont have to disable DHCP on the LinkSys.
    -- Make sure they have different IP Address though.
    -- Ex. IP Address of H9300G should be 192.168.1.1
    -- Make LinkSys 10.0.0.1 and that shoud work.
    -- Disadvantage, if you have a desktop connected to the H9300G via ethernet you wont be able to share files since they have different IP address. To fix this connect all computers to the LinkSys both hardwired and wireless.

2. Set the LinkSys as an Access Point.
    -- Change the IP Address of the LinkSys router with the same segment as the H9300G.
    -- Ex. if H9300G is 192.168.1.1 make LinkSys as 192.168.1.50
    -- Disable DHCP on LinkSys.
    -- Connect the LinkSys router on one of the LAN ports of the H9300G.

18. pandaboy

pandaboy Member

So anyone know whats the default password for the prolink H9300G?

im on globe as well. on a macbook as well. and i cant connect it.

the accountis under my brother, and he's not in the country :(

19. leslesaca

leslesaca Guest

both password and code are: ADMIN

20. markyara

markyara New Member

Thanks lesaca. This has been very helpful. all caps pala ADMIN for H9300G for the username and password. Thanks a bunch!