Globe VoLTE & VoWIFI

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by denpacs, May 13, 2020.

1. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member

Thanks. Will try it out. By the way, do you know how to check the ISM status on Huawei Mate 20?

2. Carl Lat

Carl Lat Member

I went to Globe website and found out that mate 20 only supports voLTE not voWiFi.

3. raze19

raze19 Active Member

Not sure if my area is ok now , globe sorted it out or it has something to do with the our WiFi 5Ghz and Globe. I never had this issue with smart regardless of what WiFI band I connect to but since I switched to just using 2.4Ghz the Globe SMS got issue got sorted out.

4. carlosantonio

carlosantonio Member

Just wanted to share that Wifi Calling over cellular data works on Globe’s VoWifi implementation.
    2FCB834E-DE86-4B27-8C2C-072581E67368.jpeg

Ss taken from my fb post where I shared that Smart has Wifi Calling over cellular data enabled. A commenter on there replied and said that it also works for Globe as well. ☺️

5. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Perhaps you meant VoLTE? WiFi calling over cellular doesn’t make sense or am I missing something here?

6. carlosantonio

carlosantonio Member

Yes I do mean “Wifi Calling” over cell data. There’s isn’t a proper term for it, but starting with iOS 13, if you’re using dual SIM and one/both of your sims supports wifi calling, that sim can latch on the cell data of the active SIM (note how when you’re in a call with one sim, the other line gets deactivated) and technically can still receive service. Kinda complicated to explain but here’s a reddit thread about this feature:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/co...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

MharDelaCruz likes this.
  7. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

This is also true for android phone with dual SIM. I got a notification if I want to make use of the SIM1 portable hotspot for WiFi calling of the SIM2

carlosantonio likes this.
  8. ArmsAsuncion

ArmsAsuncion New Member

Yup, had the same experience when Globe doesn’t have a signal, it will use the other sim’s cellular data to connect to the network via VoWiFi infra.

Attached Files:

9. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Someone should test that on roaming... bye bye voice and text roaming fees if you can VoWiFi over a foreign SIM card's data service.

carlosantonio likes this.
  10. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I can receive calls when on airplane mode, but cant received sms, but i can send sms. Is this how it should work? I’ll receive the sms only after turning airplane mode off.

11. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Same here even not in airplane mode. Delayed or no incoming sms at all. Incoming calls has no notification and all of a sudden a ‘missed call’ appears. Both incoming call and sms are delayed or none at all. Had to find cellular signal to receive incoming sms. I’m forced to disable VoWiFi for meantime.

12. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Same issue, my work around is forget WiFi and reconnect. Then try sending a text to your number

13. Grant Garcia

Grant Garcia New Member

How to setup?

14. ccjt

ccjt New Member

This used to happen to me before but it got fixed after some time. I didn't really know how it got fixed though. Tried calling Globe about this but they were not able, too. I remember just accepting that probably Globe's implem is still not perfect, but after some time it just starting working. Although right now, I can notice that the VoWiFi signal constantly drops and goes back to normal Globe signal. I had to disable/enable first for it to work again.

15. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

SMS can still be a bit spotty for me - usually delayed by a few minutes. i would need to move to a place with signal coverage to get them faster.

16. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

I'm using an iPhone 12, and I can't for the life of me figure out why VoWIFI is not working. It's enabled in the settings, I think VoLTE works just fine. Do I need to request a new sim for this to work? I'm still using the same sim from 4 years ago.

17. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

In my experience, you turn off VoLTE for VoWiFi to work consistently.

18. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Maybe you need to request it from Globe for them to enable VoWiFi. Worth a try a guess.

19. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Found this in the globe Faqs:

Attached Files:

20. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

If your LTE signal is strong enough for VoLTE, WiFi Calling will not activate even if you're connected to WiFi. This is how Globe set up their VoLTE and WiFi Calling configuration for iPhone (i.e. VoLTE preferred).

If you really prefer WiFi Calling, turn on Airplane Mode and leave WiFi on. I advise you not to though, as VoLTE and WiFi Calling are supposed to work together with handover (e.g. if your your LTE signal drops while on a call, your phone will switch to WiFi Calling without dropping the call).

For most Android phones you can pick your preferred option.