Globe VoLTE & VoWIFI

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by denpacs, May 13, 2020.

1. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member

My unit is the same as yours! :) Finally got both working.

Sharing my experience:
    Have been requesting it 3-4 times via Globe1 for few months already but they always closed my case without resolution. Got 2-3 text messages saying it's activated but its still not working. Finally someone with Redmi adviced me to visit GBC warning me not every CS knows how to activate it properly. So, made an appointment online and went to Globe Business Center, true enough they said it's activated and probably my device is not supported. So I showed them why the IMS is not registered and that there was one member with Redmi even got his working . Then customer service went in to the back office, not sure what he did then came out with new SIM card and showed me on his laptop that the status is on for both VoLTE and VoWIFI. But at that time, it was still not working when I left. Was very disappointed. This was actually my second visit. First visit, they told me my SIM was updated and there was no need to change it. But second visit, I insisted they change it. Anyway, so I just left disappointed. However, after 3-4 hours, I tried again and lo and behold, it worked!

So now am always on airplane mode, i can receive native calls and sms as long as I am connected to wifi.[/QUOTE]

#301 Dtm320i, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member

Hi, just curious, what is IMS, I have been googling and trying to understand it but the articles are too technical. How does Globe register it and it's not automatic? And how come devices have to be "supported"? How do they whitelist or support a device? It's it universal?

3. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

They flip a setting to YES on their system, that's how they provision/register an account for VoLTE/VoWiFi (aka IMS services).

A device has to be supported because specific carrier configuration files or settings in the device software/firmware are needed for it to work. Some Xiaomi, Redmi, and other phones works probably because the manufacturer has already baked in the carrier settings on their latest software versions. There are also some users who manually tinker with their device software to add the carrier settings, some of the steps I saw to do so are quite risky.

Dtm320i likes this.
  4. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member

Oh I see. Thanks for the simple explanation. Straight to the point!

So even if one receive text from Globe or Smart confirming activation, if it didnt work on the device, it can be either the carrier did not switch it on in their system (thats why the CS showed me on his laptop system proving that he had it on) or the device's doesnt have the carrier's settings.

Whew, buti the Xiaomi I got worked. Actually the Xiaomi store where i got my Mi was just next to the GBC.

Curious again, can you share the link on where you saw users tinkering with the settings to add the carrier settings?

Thanks again for your explanation.

5. neilrg

You can find guides by searching "VoLTE / VoWiFi PDC tool" in Google and including your device model as additional keywords. I think I've seen some posts about it here on PhilMUG too.

Dtm320i likes this.
  6. raze19

raze19 Active Member

Globe should fix the f on this hah 4FB1496A-F17B-48AA-A9BB-1D7459A6FA22.jpeg

7. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Just noticed when on Globe VoWIFI sometimes I cannot receive SMS but can do outgoing SMS / both incoming & outgoing Calls are fine.

Not sure if this is Globe IMS server issues or with iOS.

Some fixes: I had to do Network Settings Reset , turn off device for 3 mins, airplane mode doesn’t fix it though.

8. antski

antski Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced an incoming call getting dropped when you answer it? I was wondering if it has anything to do with VoLTE / VoWifi.

9. iGleam

iGleam New Member

My sister has an iPhone Xs Max and Globe already activated her VoLTE and VoWiFi. I can confirm that both works fine. I can always see the Globe VoWifi icon as well.

Unfortunately, she cannot send any SMS when either one of them is turned on (I did a lot of tests whether it's VoLTE or VoWiFi that's causing the issue). I have to completely turn off both, then she can already send SMS. There's no problem in receiving SMS though.

Troubleshooting I did on hopes that SMS will push through with VoLTE and VoWiFi both activated.
    - I did Network Reset, turned off the phone for a few minutes before turning it back on. Still cannot send SMS.
    - Turned off iMessage, restarted the phone. Still cannot send SMS.
    - Turned off WiFi in settings, still cannot send SMS.
    - I checked and compared my Messages settings on my iPhone to hers, we both have the same exact settings.

I think this is already Globe's fault on my sister's account. There must be a wrong configuration on their side. May I know if someone has this issue as well?

On my phone, VoLTE and VoWiFi works fine. (another thing to note is I'm on E-Sim while she has a physical sim card on her phone, if that matters lol)

10. neilrg

Not sure if this is related, but I've been noticing that when somebody calls me, it will usually seem to "drop" at first thereby ending up as a "missed call" notification, before finally ringing. Perhaps what's happening on your end is you answer "too quickly" and you're being connected to the first ring that ends up dropping? o_O

11. antski

antski Well-Known Member

My situation seems similar. I try to let it ring a little longer but still hit or miss. Oddly, when I answer the call using my Apple watch, the call is not dropped.

12. warped

warped Member

same issue with my wife. She has an esim though. A globe rep called back when we reported it and said it was an issue affecting other users.

13. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Same thing with me. Started around 2 weeks ago. I've had my volte and vowifi since late nov and it previously worked fine - sms sending and receiving even when volte and vowifi are on. Reset all network settings - now I can send sms by turning off vowifi only. Problem is definitely on Globe's end.

14. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member

Help,
    I have a huawei mate 20 amd it is listed as supported device under Globe and i have received activation message by Globe.

However, i cannot find the voWIFI or wifi calling settings in the settings. Trust me, i clicked everything under the settings and my settings interface doesnt have it and my EMUI is updated. I even check the huawei website and cant find the feature.

Anyone has experience how to get the vowifi or wifi calling feature?

Attached Files:

15. Carl Lat

Carl Lat Member

I used to have a huawei phone and all I can remember is in under Phone settings

16. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Did you look in here? https://consumer.huawei.com/ph/support/content/en-us00457449/

17. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi! Try dialing these codes:
    VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
    VoWiFi/WLAN *#*#869434#*#*

Then go to Settings-Connections/SIM Settings

18. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

Same thing happens to me and I am on ESim so unfortunately that needs to be ruled out. My outgoing SMS was fine for a good one month before it happened though. Globe hasn’t been helpful at all in trying to resolve my issues.

19. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member

I did went to settings and clicked all over the settings like mobile settings, call settings and etc but still cannot find VoWIFI or WIFI calling mode/feature. However, I have voLTE.

20. Dtm320i

Dtm320i New Member