Globe VoLTE & VoWIFI

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by denpacs, May 13, 2020.

1. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, they both work on eSIM.

2. mandee

mandee New Member

Try turning off VOLTE when connected to wifi. There you will have stable globe VoWifi

3. Chellyyy

Chellyyy New Member

thanks! Will try this and monitor my vowifi

4. neilrg

It's best to keep both VoLTE and WiFi Calling enabled at the same time. The two are complementary and are designed to be used together. If both services are enabled, your phone can take advantage of seamless handover or offloading of cellular calls from VoLTE to VoWiFi when moving into a WiFi range (e.g. when arriving at home or office) and vice versa when you move out of range of a WiFi connection (e.g. when leaving home or office). With VoLTE and VoWiFi handover, calls would continue even when your phone switches connection or let's say when your home WiFi suddenly goes out. (y)

5. blueberry

blueberry New Member

also did this. Our house is deadspot for globe signal and nawawala wala din si vowifi. Mas naging stable nga ang vowifi when volte is off. Siguro dahil nga pag nadadagdagan ung lte signal is parang un ang nagiging preferred na to use for call and text. Since most of the time is nasa bahay ako ngaun, i will have volte off muna. Then just turn it on pag madalas na ko lumalabas to take advantage of both when switchinng connections.

6. warped

warped Member

Anyone having issues with globe messenger support? About to give up. For some reason they keep saying the account info don’t match their system. Anyway, was able to get info that my account has been provisioned for volte and not for vowifi. That’s the start of this whole verification run around I’m experiencing. They need to validate my acct info before they can proceed with vowifi provisioning.

7. mandee

mandee New Member

Once your VOLTE activated, automatically your VOWIFI will also activated. No need for separate request

8. warped

warped Member

Yup that was my argument. But the rep seems to have no idea. I just gave up.

9. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Can’t activate VoWiFi but VoLTE is working fine. Much better is the former is working since our area has poor Globe signal.

10. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

Was able to activate VoLTE and VoWIFI via FB messenger. It takes a while, but they do reply. I requested for activation yesterday afternoon, and the service was activated a little after 8am this morning.

11. garyboi84

garyboi84 New Member

For those that had their VoLTE/VoWiFi activated, may I know what iPhone models were you using? I’m using an iPhone 12 & the VoLTE & VoWiFi settings are already available on my phone, so it’s just a matter of provisioning my postpaid account to allow the service.

Globe CS via FB Messenger explained that iPhone 12 is not provisioned for such despite the setting availability. My Smart Prepaid on the same phone actually have both VoLTE & VoWiFi working so I don’t think it’s a phone issue, unless there’s another reason why it can’t work on my iPhone 12 for Globe.

12. neilrg

Their cs reps follow their published FAQs down to the letter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just tell them you’re using an iPhone 11 the next time you request for activation.

garyboi84 likes this.
  13. garyboi84

garyboi84 New Member

I also thought about it that I'm using an older iPhone model just to have the service enabled. :)

14. Jennico

Jennico New Member

I have received a confirmation that my VoLTE is now working. Tried making and receiving a call and it works. Hindi na sya bumabagsak sa 3G. I just find it weird na walang icon for VoLTE pero may icon for active Call Forwarding

132F643A-C61E-4637-815F-86D64C726EBB.jpeg

Tried deactivating it pero the settings to deactivate call forwarding seems to be not working as well. Umiikot lang sya ng umiikot

3F3EF9F8-16A4-454B-984C-23074C6367DF.jpeg

Didn't set it up. Nagulat na lang ako when that icon appeared right before I received a message na my VoLTE is now activated.

Also, hindi nagwo-work ang VoWIFI.

Tried checking yung IMS settings, pero wala akong makita.

Help please

15. dacci

dacci Member

I can confirm this as well. After 5 days with VoLTE and VoWiFi, VoLTE seems to be the preferred method of iPhones rather than VoWiFi if your on a VoLTE area. Try playing with the settings on your free time. VoWiFi appears whenever the phone uses EDGE, 3G, and non VoLTE antennas. I don’t recommend too turning of VoLTE as this is needed for handovers.

16. warped

warped Member

The implementation seems to vary on the telco. I have a Smart line, prepaid even, and it’s on VoWIFI as soon as it’s connected to a wifi network. While vowifi on my globe postpaid line up to now don’t seem to work. I had like 6 tickets with them reporting the issue and yet it’s just being closed without any resolution.

17. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

I think SMART telecom is very efficient in implementing VoWifi and VoLte.. Medyo nahuli lang sila sa esim. But hey did you guys know that you can link your Smart Mobile number to your apple id as mode of payment whenever you buy apps in the appstore? Currently we cant do that on Globe. Haist..

18. blueberry

blueberry New Member

was in bgc kanina. And noticed di working ang vowifi ko sa office. Though not a problem naman for me since i need vowifi sa bahay talaga kasi poor signal ang globe samin. same city lang ang home and office ko.

19. Jennico

Jennico New Member

My VoLTE is now working but not VoWiFi.. its pretty useless since we have spotty coverage here at home and LTE is not something that can be considered as a reliable connections, at least for us at home - that's why I am really more into the VoWiFi.

After countless attempts to go through Globe's stupid CS platforms, Messenger and Twitter (which I find to be very USELESS and can't be considered as customer service), and opening cases using the Globe One app (which were all CLOSED for no apparent reason why and without any resolution), I was left with VoWiFi that is still not working.

How can I get hold of customer service to discuss my concern? Cause clearly their channels are plain useless It is disgusting how they treat their customers

#199 Jennico, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  20. mandee

mandee New Member

May I know what phone you are using?