Globe telecom is now on data cap

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by xob, Jan 19, 2014.

1. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

I hope the recent study that came out will rock their senses and work to the subscribers' advantage. Then again, Globe might turn things around and blame their poor performance on the 3%.

2. john edward

john edward Member

Study?

3. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

4. jcorduwa

jcorduwa Member

today i tried to download banshee and the walking dead using hotspot to my surprise the download speed is playing around 150-200kb, while last week the whole week was 10-30kb..it might be globe adjusted a little download speed in torrent hehe but its way slower coz average i get before this FUP got out around 400-500kb.

5. macooleat

macooleat Member

[​IMG]

Your thoughts?

6. mactrix

mactrix Member

maybe it's unlimited LTE if you have an iPhone 5S, but if iPhone 5 subject to that new rule . I got that plan just after the FUP announcement (a week ago) Since it's a new phone, I tested everything for a day, downloading apps, tethering to my ipad and laptop. My usage was maybe over 1GB for that day bec, of testing & I even watched a full- streaming movie. I was never downgraded to 3G nor E. My location that time was is in BGC

7. juristantrum

juristantrum Active Member

where are you located?

I'm here in Makati and my maximum torrent download is 10kb.

I'm on LTE, iPhone 5s.

8. Cuchixe

Cuchixe Member

This is also confusing and somewhat funny coz not all areas have LTE yet, but we still avail it. Globe should work fast also regarding this.

9. erizevet

erizevet Member

any news on the review of contracts by ntc?

10. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

in HK cap is 5GB monthly. No daily cap.

11. oaba09

oaba09 Member

#931 oaba09, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  12. docnona

docnona Member

Update: been a week since I visited globe and still got no feedback from them regarding my complaint on this fup. Really nice customer service. LOL

13. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

This is just so frustrating. I barely finished updating two of my Mac computers to Ver. 10.9.2 which is about 460mb. Now I have to spend the rest of the day using "2G" speeds. *sigh

14. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

15. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

16. boxercup

boxercup New Member

17. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

IMO, the arguments expressed by the author of the above is flawed. If a restaurant markets an "eat all you can buffet", people will definitely have an impression that they are entitled to pick whatever they can muster up in that restaurant.

Imagine if the restaurant only serves 10kilos of tempura every hour but accomodates 500pax in during lunch time, will you still blame the first 10 consumers for hoarding all the food if there isn't enough tempura or would you rather complain about the restaurant for a policy they have set but doesn't reflect in their advertisement?

18. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

Subscribers using data has doubled ever since that free facebook rolled out. They should have a capping for that promo also. A few mb per day would suffice.

19. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Seems like that FB is money maker for them. From what I understand, only access to facebook is free. Any links outside gets charged using standard rates. I'm guessing that a lot of users click on these links and either a)proceed with allowing deductions from their prepaid load or b) are ignorant and just agree on anything without reading.

Either way.. Kaching for Globe! It's basically a freemium business model. FB is happy because of the exposure. Globe is happy because of the revenue. Prepaid subscriber is happy because of free FB access only until he/she realizes his/her load is already gone.

20. VanPersie

VanPersie Member

Globe should, for those who are affected, provide consumers an option to, at least, change plan. The data cap is unfair to implement during a contract period (especially those in the beginning of 30/24 month contracts!) and consumers should have a free choice on what they want to do next.