Globe telecom is now on data cap

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by xob, Jan 19, 2014.

1. macosx

macosx Member

Exactly! So it's basically a "want more money" thing rather than a usage congestion problem.

'Coz if it's a congestion problem, then limiting torrent usage on the mobile network will solve it.

Also, if they want to set a limit then we should all require them to put up an official way to TRACK OUR USAGE! To manage our consumption.

Coz right now everything is up in the air with regards to just how much bandwidth we are using?

2. ikitub

ikitub Active Member

But now they're also limiting torrent use. So what's the point of capping since they've already limited the rotten bananas globe is talking.

3. docnona

docnona Member

I dont know if its related but i keep getting errors when im trying to download from sammobile.com
    (Gateway timeout) was able to download from this site before OS for S3 and previous softwares of my Note3.

4. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Here's my data usage for the current billing cylce. My cut off is on every 20th of the month, but since the capping was implemented only on the 25th, I set my filter to show only the 25th up to this moment. I use my hotspot for my mac, too. I've never received the dreaded love SMS from globe, and my speed has been decent. Yun lang medyo walang kwenta when I use my data on my phone itself. On my mac, it's okay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. john edward

john edward Member

What app is that?

I hardly use my globe plan now... It's useless

6. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Settings app?

7. john edward

john edward Member

Oh I thought you're using an iPhone. Looks more useful than what I have.

8. ottens flavor

ottens flavor Member

[​IMG]

eto naman sakin....cut-off ko every 15th...di naman nagbago speed ko... wala akong tweak na ginawa...

9. ottens flavor

ottens flavor Member

oh btw, hindi ako kasali dun sa rotten banana ha...sinubukan ko lang yan abusuhin simula nung 16 kasi para malaman ko kung may capping nga ba...so far, wala PA naman...

10. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Maybe Globe "silently" took off their cap.

11. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

this is also my thought sir.
    i have tried downloading a 400MB torrent file last night just to test if they still have throttled torrent but on my experience they have not. my speed even went up to 800kbps while downloading. :)
    but i'm not sure with the 1GB limit though since i haven't received that "magic text" from Globe last night.
    hope they have realized what they have done with implementation of this FUP already. :)

12. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I hope they have lifted it already.

13. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

14. docnona

docnona Member

Got my 7th sms limit from globe last night. Malas yata ako di gaya nyo mga sir. :D

15. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I was hit with the datacap with this SMS advisory -

Hello. Your data usage for today has reached 1GB. To maintain quality service for all Globe mobile data users, we're now shifting you to 2G browsing speed. You'll enjoy normal browsing speed again after midnight. Please be guided by our Fair Use Policy, which you can read about at Fair Use Policy |Plans and Promos | Mobile Internet - globe.com.ph

16. macooleat

macooleat Member

i guess not. just received that ^&%#! text messages earlier and my connection starts to go slow. I cannot even view an image on my phone's browser. Ngayon pa kung kailangan kailangan! Damn!

17. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

I guess they haven't implemented the 3gb/month limit. Just the 1gb/day cap. I received the sms of death last night and that was my third one. My internet speed today is back to normal.

18. rockion

rockion Member

I hopefully so!!!

cuz me, I just recieved right now another love text from 8888 and it is very thoughtful and religiously sending me love text everyday since jan. 25th, since it was implement. actually its the 24th one, 1GB/day notice from 8888. so lovely so sincere so globe! hahahahahaha

19. neilph

neilph Member

Yes, Globe has not implemented the 3GB/month limit yet, though the 1GB/day is strictly being implemented. :)

20. docnona

docnona Member

I dropped by GBC gateway just a while ago and asked if i may terminate my plan without having to pay for the remaining mobths of my contratct (til nov 2014) they said no of course. Then i said im not happy with ur services anymore and ur internet is becoming useless. Its so slow throughout the day, and so on til i became dominant with the conversation. Then she saod qould i accept an offfer or consumable 1799 so i said no. I need internet. ( i was nice naman all the while) and i also said 999 for that kind of speed is unfair. So she made a report and i have to wait 24 to 48 hours if they will ( hope so ) let met me terminate my plan or if they will give me rebates or whatever. Sabi ko im switchin to smart.