Globe telecom is now on data cap

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by xob, Jan 19, 2014.

1. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

Like I've said the FUP is in the contract. :) essentially you agreed to this when you signed up. Can't be considered as breach of contract.

2. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Maybe its a way to argue that you are still getting an unlimited data connection albeit at a slower speed.

3. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Paging dobi: Can you please confirm if the Platinum plans are not subject to this 1GB per day limit? It's difficult to trust hearsay. I'm thinking of upgrading to the P3799 platinum plan.

4. akosiGRAM

akosiGRAM Member

999 pesos for 3gb per month is very unfair, ung prepaid promo nga is 800 per day which equates to 24gb per month. Sana pala nag prepaid nalang ako mas masusulit ko pa -_-

5. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

so this means, nasa FUP coverage din pala ang Prepaid, yet much higher data cap. oh well, i just renewed my contract 6 months ago.
    800 per day is good enough, minsan may nakakalusot sa 800mb cap/day.

Loopholes coming...

6. akosiGRAM

akosiGRAM Member

Yup afaik, lahat ng mobile data plan promos whether postpaid or prepaid is subjected to fup. Wrong PR move ito for globe what a way to f*** up their loyal customers

7. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

I for myself is not in favor of this FUP. But to be honest, I'm not totally shocked if they will strictly implement it. First and foremost, FUP is part of your contract. You agreed with it and you signed it. The globe store rep who processed my line application before explained this to me very clearly. So for me, it's just a matter of time when will they implement this seriously, and I guess this is now the time I'm talking.

I don't know with other globe stores though, kasi kung ako lang. If upon signing the contract and malalaman ko na may ganito pa lang "limit" yung "unlimited" offer nila. Then I won't sign it na lang pala. I won't get a plan. But then again, this FUP was completely and clearly explained to me before I signed the contract and I understand it very clearly as well.

So for those who are shocked with this FUP, I guess you should take time reading carefully what you are signing with. :) Well if you're not happy with the service and this FUP that globe is implementing, then you can just terminate your contract anytime.

Just my two cents. :)

8. boxercup

boxercup New Member

i think this is a better and more valid question rather than complain about data(speed) capping as this is already addressed in the fup which all of us signed and agreed on. though i know not all of us read the fine print.

however, globe should have been more forgiving in downgrading to a more acceptable speed.

like i said earlier, abuse it, you lose it.

sad part for me is, my sim isn't activated yet and i haven't used and experienced lte then this fup happened.

9. iAmMichael05

As for the prepaid subscribers, Idk how it works though but a friend of mine said that prepaid subs have a greater advantage when it comes to data capping.

Every time your promo expired or every time you register to a promo, the system automatically refreshes its data. So parang hindi rin narerecord sa system yung nagagamit mo na data. Idk. It's hard to explain. Hehe.

10. iAmMichael05

This my follow up question though, if ever they implement the data capping. What are their options in order to provide a fair policy?

I mean. For example, nagreach ka na ng 3gb. Anong pwede nilang gawin na magbebenefit naman sa side nila and other users? Kung nakastay lang sa 3g yung speed natin after we reached the capping, anong difference? 'Coz for me the reason why they're bringing us down to 2g after the cap is to minimize our bandwith/speed usage to give way to other customers.

I don't know. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

11. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

KenofGlobe's reply is just a copy and paste of first part of Globe's FUP. He did not articulate it as his personal response to address the issue.

I hope Globe people here in PhilMug will join the discussions.

As for myself, I have not received any texts that my data connection is capped yet it is so slow and I have a full LTE signal. Is this hidden cap? ;)

Sabi ng FUP..

My data is not yet capped but I never experience the quality of mobile internet service. Actually, Globe has nothing to maintain in terms of quality. They have a lot to improve and upgrade before they can maintain. It is illogical to say that they need to maintain the quality which is from the first place, there has been no quality. Facebook app alone does not load pictures and feeds.

12. macooleat

macooleat Member

Pretty weird, i received a text message "again" from globe reminding me of the 1GB usage earlier this morning. But when i try speedtest, it shows me the regular speed of the LTE here in makati (which i think is 25mbps to 28mbps). Then i tried downloading a quicktime installer from apple, my avarage download speed is 3.2-3.4mbps.

13. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

One thing I learned about this thread though. The internet is a hellava drug and these telcos are the pushers. All they have done in the past has been sowing our internet addiction and now they are reaping. Switching to another pusher won't help since they will or have done the same thing so you just gotta deal with the addiction in some other way.

For me, although Im not under contract, I dont plan to shift telcos. I plan to downgrade my plan and use my phone less. Try to find more productive past times. That's my small way of letting my pusher know I won't play their game.

Those under contract have lesser options though but I suggest you change your plans like changing your data plan from p999 to powersurf p99 while changing the balance to something else. That way Globe will realize that upon review their revenue from data plans have gone down after impelmenting this FUP thing. Basically hit 'em where it hurts. Their pockets.

As they say, money talks, BS walks.

14. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

If I may...

Because 3G at the least, is usable. I don't mind not being able to stream videos in realtime or download multi-MB files as fast as 4G/LTE, but at least the browsing experience will be a bit more tolerable.

If you've tried their '2G speed' as mentioned in their FUP, it's nowhere near usable. It just has enough BW to give you a semblance of being connected but once you start browsing, it's the Wold Wide Wait all over again.

15. polyx

polyx Member

Using my Huawei E5776s already downloaded 3.2 Gb still no cap, did a speedtest still with a decent speed. Im using an old globe visibility plan shifted to unlisurf 999. No sms yet about exceeding my limit. I updated all my itunes apps on my mac, the modem is connected directly not via wifi[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. oaba09

oaba09 Member

im not even capped yet but look at the hspa+ speed Im getting...I used to get 3-4 mbps......what's happening globe?

edit: I removed the picture because the photo is too big.....the download speed is 0.7 mbps while the upload is 0.3 mbps....

#296 oaba09, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  17. docnona

docnona Member

Seems like every globe subscriber is affected even without the capping/daily limit sms.

18. oaba09

oaba09 Member

I propose a compromise...[FONT=fs_elliot_prolight]A true unlimited mobile data at 2-3 mbps instead of 3 gb of data per month at 10-20 mbps....That way, heavy users can still download as much as they want without taxing the system too much...I'm against the FUP but I do recognize the fact that mobile data is more limited and easier to congest compared to wired broadband(dsl and fiber)....If Globe insists with this FUP, they need to be more upfront in their advertising. US carriers have the same data caps at higher prices but at least they inform the public about it in their advertisements....[/FONT]

19. drdom

drdom Member

Those tinge promos actually make them more money. Like buying cigarettes per stick at P5 each, a pack would cost you P100 vs buying a whole pack at the onset which would only cost P70. Same with bottled water. A small 300ml bottle costs P15 but a 5 gallon jug only P50 or thereabouts.

20. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

It's more of a question of need. If all you needed are two sticks of cigs and a bottle of water, you'll just have to spend P25, vs. a whole pack of cigs and a gallon of water at P120.

For now, paying P999 for limited internet is a ridiculous way to spend money. Before signing up to their MYSUPERSURF, I was on the P5/15 min (or P10/30 min.) and if memory serves me, I only spend P500-600 a month on average for internet access as I only turn data on as I need it.

I upgraded to the then, unlimited P999 promo because it removed the inconvenience of timing my online usage. But now, I feel that I may have to go back to that old habit.