Globe telecom is now on data cap

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by xob, Jan 19, 2014.

1. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got off the phone. I disconnected my tattoo plan and downgraded my 1,799.00 to 599.00
    Funny thing is the person i was talking to don't know what data capping is.

2. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

Im on postpaid plan, and these past few days, internet was really slow. I did not receive any sms about the fair use policy so I thought I was not affected by the cap. I also thought I was not affected by it because I dont do heavy internet usage. just the usual social networking and youtube-ing..

but yeah, these past few days, even if its just comments on fb, it will take time to load.

Globe's network upgrade was more like a downgrade.

If they can't find a way to cap us, why not find a way to block/cap torrenting. (yeah yeah, torrenting is not really illegal per se, but I'd choose that instead of the 3GB cap every month)

3. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone here reached the 3GB cap already?
    How's the speed?
    I have received the 1GB limit text 2 days ago and have not used it heavily after that. :)

4. jlverzosa

jlverzosa Member

Checked the globe site earlier today. The fup page is back up, no changes.

I just recently switched to an unli data plan so this is very very disappointing. I'm not totally against data caps to be honest, it's just that Globe, or any other telco, shouldn't market these plans as unli anymore. If capping were inevitable, I could live with 1GB/day and torrent throttling(let's be honest, most Filipinos use torrent services for piracy). But 3GB/month? That's too much.

5. oaba09

oaba09 Member

For mobile browsing, 3gb is more than enough but the problem is, a lot of people are forced to use their mobile data as their home ISP due to the lack of home broadband facilities in their house. It's surprising in this day and age that there are still areas that are inaccessible to DSL, fiber, and wimax...Globe needs to improve the coverage of their home internet products first before implementing this FUP...I really envy countries like south korea and japan where fast internet is available pretty much everywhere....

6. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Unfortunately, the unused portion of the supersurf subscription will not be refunded so I suggest sticking with it for now....

7. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

How about for SMART subscribers? Are they also affected with NTC's FUP mandate?

8. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

9. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

What if you need more?! Best line ever!

10. docnona

docnona Member

The guy on the left represents us now.

11. gondolin

gondolin Member

Less Internet. Less information. Sobrang Lokohan ang ginagawa nila. Simpleng unlimited binabaluktot pa yung meaning. They are crippling us subscribers tremendously. Tsk

12. jlverzosa

jlverzosa Member

I rememeber reading somewhere that Internet Access was declared as a Human Right. Sana pati dito magpasikat CHR haha

13. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

I've half a mind to boycott Globe now.

I'm unsubscribing from their MYSUPERSURF promo before the next billing cycle. P999 for 3GB a month does not translate anywhere near unlimited.

"Crippled" should be the better term.

Also, the "2G speed" is a joke. It's only got enough bandwidth to fire up Google. But once you select any of the results, get ready for slower than dial-up speeds.

14. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

They should change their promo title to "Unlimited 2G speed" or "up to 3GB/month using LTE". Something like that.

15. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

The FUP is a Globe policy and not an ntc mandate.

16. iJav

iJav Active Member

Maybe Globe is following what AT&T implemented in the US a few years ago. I wonder if they will also introduce the tiered plan later on. :confused:

17. Guerde

Guerde Member

Im using onavo extend now to minimize my usage of data. Been avoiding using cellular data since i heard about globe's new FUP. Throttling speeds down to 2G is unacceptable...

18. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

here's hoping that apple can do something about it. This is surely not the way they (apple) envisioned how users use their idevices

19. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Doubtful considering the fact that us telecoms implement the same thing...mobile data in the US are actually more expensive....the ntc is the only one that can intervene...

20. boxercup

boxercup New Member

Bottomline,
    abuse it, you lose it.