Globe telecom is now on data cap

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by xob, Jan 19, 2014.

1. JimM

JimM Member

Ahh, okay... I thought someone here had said Globe's FUP limits are based on billing cycle. I just read in one of their FUP FAQ's that it said this:

"If you hit the 3GB/month threshold, your speed will move up to normal speed on the next calendar month (not based on bill cycle)."

Okay, that makes more sense. Still not sure how I exceeded 3GB, but I suppose they know best. I've started a spreadsheet and I'll check daily (need to send a text to Globe) and she how I'm doing.

2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

i've exceeded plenty of times yet the speed is normal.

3. JimM

JimM Member

Interesting....I thought everyone was expecting a tight clampdown on the monthly FUP limit starting the 1st of the year....maybe Globe changed their minds?

4. JimM

JimM Member

By the way, I realize this is an iPad, iPhone forum, (and honestly I'm not sure why I'm here since I have none of those devices), but it's the only place I found to discuss Globe stuff like this...

Anyway, for what it's worth, if anyone is using a laptop or desktop with their Globe Tattoo device, there ARE some nifty, free, applications that do a very nice job of monitoring internet usage, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and even by application and user. And you can specify what your data limits are and even have it automatically shut off your internet when you get near those limits (for example, 1GB per day or 3GB per month). I found one for Windows called Networx, but there are many others. And if you're connected to an internal network, you can tell it to ignore all of the network traffic, and just give stats for the internet traffic. Pretty cool.

Much better than relying on having to send a daily text to Globe asking for data status....

5. JimM

JimM Member

Got a question...as I recall, the non-promo surfing rate of P5 for 15 minutes allows you to surf without any FUP data download limits. Is that still the case?

6. chandlerparsons

Check the video link I posted, after 800mb globe started throttling. But that video was a few months ago, not sure if they changed it.

7. JimM

JimM Member

That was GoSurf, correct? I'm not talking about promos like GoSurf, just the standard non-promo rates.

8. Sforza

Sforza Member

Nope you don't get throttled, even on LTE. It's probably the most value of what Globe offers now actually if you want to say, download a huge file from Steam and don't have Fibre.

9. chandlerparsons

Anybody can test and make a video after 800mb?

10. wingatu

wingatu Active Member

I think this is Prepaid subscribed to surfing promos.!

11. superV

superV Member

Me too. Diba sa prepaid yung 800mb a day yung data cap?

12. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

Your mobile internet usage for this month has been really high. To maintain quality service for all Globe mobile internet users, we're now shifting you to slower browsing speed. Please be guided by our Fair Use Policy, which you can read about at www.globe.com.ph/surf/fup. You'll receive a notification at the start of the next month once your speed is back to normal.

It's only been a few days since my last cut-off and I receive this. I need a proper internet connection.

Screw you Globe, seriously. Screw you. I feel so bad being a victim to their bait-and-switch tactics. At the same time I feel so insulted with them offering free services (FB & Viber) to their non-paying customers.

13. irispen

irispen Member

14. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

Maybe globe cut off for data is end of the month.

15. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

what data plan are you on? and how do you use your mobile data connection?

16. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

got that message as well.

im on the old unlisurf.

they're offering SPEED REFRESH for additional fee on top of my bill

To temporarily browse at normal speed, you can register to a Speed Refresh consumable mobile internet promo. Get 50MB to browse at normal speed for P20, valid for 1day. Other variants also available. To know more, dial *143# and choose Surf > Promos > SuperSurf > Speed Refresh, or text SPEED REFRESH to 8888 for free.

17. Dasher

Dasher Member

Guys, let's just do a class suit to put a stop on Globe's Fraudulent Advertising and Poor Customer Service! :)

18. JimM

JimM Member

According to their FAQ the data cutoff is end of month, not billing cycle. I posted that a page or two ago.

19. tandiongka

tandiongka New Member

You will get that once you exceed 30 Gig a month. It happened to me last December