Globe telecom is now on data cap

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by xob, Jan 19, 2014.

1. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Nice. 2G speed on 2014. This is our future. lol It sucks since I just signed up for Globe postpaid last December. Migt have to change my unlisurf combo to something else instead

2. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

The P99 50MB + ABS loophole works. I know of someone who does that. He's charged per kB after the 50MB and racks up thousands of pesos of monthly bill, but he only pays P999 for that data (well, aside from the phone monthly of course). The key is you have to get charged per kB so they cannot 'FUP' you (lol).

Anyway, just read on TPC that a sub got told by a Globe CSR that the management had an 'emergency meeting' recently about the FUP thing. Whether it's true or not I don't know. :)

#202 neilrg, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  3. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

About the Psurf 99 + ABS?

4. arubeto

arubeto Member

So you need not pay the monthly fee of the remaining months? Good for you if that is the case since when i asked before to terminate my tattoo myfi plan, i was asked to pay half of the device plus the remaining 3 months hence i just let it reach the 24th month.

5. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

About their new fair use policy.

6. docnona

docnona Member

By this time, they must have received hundreds of calls from unhappy subscribers. I also am planning to drop by GBC soon.

7. rockion

rockion Member

grabe just fb and instagram and Clash of Clans lng na reach ko na ang 1GB cap

eto na cap nanaman ako kaninang 7:33pm its my 2nd cap on 2nd day. grabe now i'm really really depressed! talaga bang may 3GB/Month na limit din? T_T I can't take this anymore! T_T

[​IMG]

8. john edward

john edward Member

I'm on platinum and they've sent me the fair use policy reminder. I haven't downloaded or streamed more than 15mins in the last 3-4 days but tried to download a movie at 12am. Download is at 14% at 6am. In fact everything was slow since yesterday.

9. macooleat

macooleat Member

Globe Fair Use Policy

So i recieved this text yesterday.

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts?

10. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

11. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

Re: Globe Fair Use Policy

Yup and its already been discussed on another thread. But i hope it will be transferred here since most of the people who will be affected is the iPhone users with Unlimited data plans.

12. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I wonder if there are legal implications for this. When we signed up and Globe locked us up for 2 years, they did not have this 3 GB per month policy. Does that mean our contracts are now null and void and we can terminate anytime? Any input from our lawyers here?

13. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

Nope, the contract is still valid. The FUP is stated as one of the terms and conditions of the contract with Globe.

14. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Baka naisingit sa fine print somewhere :\ Or hindi lang direct to the point ang pagkakalagay sa contract.

15. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

I am pretty sure the contract has a clause wherein Globe reserved its right to modify the terms.

16. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Ok, I guess tipid mode na muna. 1.5GB already in this billing cycle, thankfully haven't received the sms about the 1GB but I sure don't like to receive the 3GB reminder. Sigh.

17. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Oh hey, at least Chrome is trying to help out too :D

[​IMG]

18. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

With this, I guess I have to avail the rebates instead of having another iPhone plan for another 2 years when our lines are up for recontracting na and cut my 2 other plans na lang talaga...

The biggest reason for me in getting iPhone plans is because of the unlimited internet plans, I do all the stuffs that require heavy internet usage (editing/uploading photos to Flickr-storing them via iCloud too, downloading/updating paid apps/music/videos from iTunes Store, NBA Game Time, watching YouTube videos, sending photos via e-mail, FB, iTunes Match, Zinio magazine subscriptions). These are all legal stuffs, at wala pa torrent in that list.

I maximize what iPhones are capable of. So, with 1 GB daily allowance with Globe's so called unlimited internet. This makes me regret I got unli internet aka "1 GB daily data plan"

19. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

I'm on a post paid plan
    I just signed- up for Globe supersurf 999 ( 1 month ) 3 days ago
    there is an unsubscribe option

Does anyone know if unused portion of the subscription can be refunded or reversed?

I have not received any sms on capping or bandwidth usage but the speed is SO SLOWWW
    I got 8OOKB on my first day and i'm just getting 12KB now

20. docnona

docnona Member

My internet speed have slowed down since january 26 :(