Globe tattoo, Smart bro or Sun Broadband Wireless

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by papajamba, Apr 10, 2009.

1. papajamba

papajamba Member

Guys, which among the three would give the best service?
    I guess the question is who has the most reliable and fastest connection.
    For basic surfing only, no heavy downloads, no online gaming.
    around QC, Pasig and Manila areas.
    I know Globe and Smart have prepaid kits, while Sun is all postpaid.
    Thanks in advance ;)

2. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

i'm using sun. it's the fastest daw, tho i haven't tried smart yet. may prepaid option na ang alam ko. :) plus sun offers really reasonable rates - 799/mo for unlimited usage. i've used it in QC and manila so far no problems. :)

3. viral_variance

i came up with this matrix, this is purely subjective, so no violent reactions please :)

if you are an urban guy and wants good quality - go globe. globe has the best investment in 3g and 3.5g technology and has excellent signal quality in urban areas

if you are a traveller and relies on good coverage - go smart. smart has signal where globe and sun does not have one.

if you living in manila and wants value for money - go sun. unlimited is the way to go!

speed is relative to a lot of factors: signal quality, number of users connecting on a cell, even the device you are using (a macbook will of course go faster than an iPhone)

so pick your poison ;)

#3 viral_variance, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  4. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

Well said, exactly what I'm thinking as well, not to mention personal experience about the three providers. To add to that, Sun has been rolling out the newest technology among the three and it's just a matter of time before it overtakes the other two providers in terms of wireless broadband products.

5. acid

acid Member

My brother said that Globe Tattoo is really sluggish and Smart Bro won't stay connected. I don't know about Sun, I haven't tried that yet.

6. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

This is so true. By experience, my Smart Bro almost always drops connection right in the heart of - Makati! Weird.

7. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

you mean on makati business center? remember, thats "globe" country:p

try your smartbro on fort bonifacio, its "smart" territory naman yun:D

8. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

uh-huh. thats why i'm switching to globe, hehe. ;)

9. Xcalith

Xcalith Member

There's this magazine they give at Digital Walker that did an actual comparison on these services on different locations. I'll try and look for it later and get back to you.

10. michelledsbona

michelledsbona Active Member

i've tried all three - globe, smart and sun (all unlimited).

globe - been with it for more than 2 years and i am now enjoying rebates; performance is not improving but manageable. i get to use it nationwide. i decided to keep it since i can use the sim on my iPhone.

smart - had the unlimited for 2mos but i returned it. fortunately, i wasn't penalized with the pretermination fee. service is great in ortigas area but intermittent in paranaque where i live; hence, i was annoyed. but i tried it in pangasinan and bicol, it worked albeit slow.

sun - believe it or not is the best among the three. unfortunately though, its coverage area is metro manila only. i can surf using 3G at all times.

11. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

I think Sun proved to be a good deal in Manila, they covered it entirely! Globe in my condo is weak, smart is slow because of subscriber rate, so Sun is the way to go...

12. ricpac

ricpac Active Member

Please bring SBW to Cagayan de Oro! And I'll be the first on the line. Neilc, help me!

13. romgacho

romgacho Guest

i've tried them all...sun has the best and fastest connection. i stay most of the time in qc though.

14. amg99

amg99 Active Member

I'm now using globe here in Borongan, Eastern Samar. Surprised to see that it has a good connection. I can even watch youtube videos here.

Not the same story though, when we're still in NAIA terminal 3 where connection is terrible.

15. sephael

sephael New Member

What's the name of the magazine? I'll go hunt it down. :D

I'm mainly interested in comparisons for the areas of Cainta, Pampanga, and Pasay...

I've been a Globe Visibility user for more than a year now on the now-phased-out unlimited plan. Signal is good in Q.C. and Pampanga, but terrible in Cainta. Then again, even their phone signal sucks in Cainta. Data transfer during peak hours is unbearable - even browsing can be a pain - but goes up to 120 kbps downloads on torrents during the wee hours of dawn. I maximize it by leaving my torrents on overnight. :) I tried it at Pasay, though, and signal is non-existent. As in. I need a service that's good in Pasay, so I might try Sun...

#15 sephael, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  16. papajamba

papajamba Member

was thinking of the same thing - pick your poison.
    I know that wireless broadband still sucks in RP with terrible providers.
    Maybe ill pick Sun as my poison.

OT: BayanDSL has excellent wired service IMHO ( my poison in the wired ISPs) :D

17. nichole blair

nichole blair New Member

I found a mag also comparing Smart Bro, Sun Broadband Wireless & Globe Tattoo

Here it is:

[​IMG]

18. nichole blair

nichole blair New Member

19. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

I think the article doesn't want to be biased but the clear winner is Sun :D, loser for P2P though...

btw, Sun has over 1,000 3G Cellsites (separated from 2G sites) in the metro and over 3,600 Combined Towers (2G/3G)

#19 rdy0329, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  20. mmaayy

mmaayy Member

I'm leaning towards sun :) But i live in Salcedo Village Makati so i'm still confused if Sun will be a better deal than Globe :slanted: