Globe Roam Surf

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by CMWRay, Dec 20, 2017.

?

Would You Recommend Globe Roam Surf?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Checking out the FAQs of Flytpack for HK now. Daily data consumption is only 500MB, similar to Klook.

2. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

for short business trips (overnight to 2 nights), I don;t mind using the Globe Roam Surf. Connection is pretty solid, just make sure you're connected with the Globe partner where ever you may be otherwise, you might get charged the regular surfing rates!!!... but for trips that will last for more than 3 days, best to get those pre-paid data SIM. I usually bring an unlocked personal wifi device with me for those instances & just stick the pre-paid card there.

3. wingatu

wingatu Member

Use Globe Easy Roam 149. Unlimited internet for 5days.

4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

you need to pay 149 monthly for the service. still expensive it like paying 5 days of 599 per day on installment.

5. wingatu

wingatu Member

149 x 12=1788 pesos for 5days unlimited data roaming. Cheaper compared to rental pocket wifi offered at the airport that mostly aren't truly unlimited and capped either 20GB per month/1GB per day then throttled at 128kbps.

6. jetan

this is recommended for JAPAN but in HK and SG i'd recommend their local sim.

7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Why is it recommended for Japan and not HK? Seems like a good deal. I’m travelling to HK next month and I’m also looking for good mobile roaming deals.

8. jetan

local prepaid sim in JP is too expensive. i bought one from BIC CAMERA last year 3GB data cost 3800 yen for 30 days. if you're staying for 5 days then the roam surf will pay off since it's unlimited.

HK buy this instead https://www.hkcsl.com/en/csl-filipino-kumusta-prepaid-sim/

$78 7 Days.UNLIMITED
    After you have reached 15GB of mobile data usage, your network speclication will be lowered to 128kbps.

9. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

I got this from Klook for my upcoming Osaka trip, seems like a pretty good deal to me: https://www.klook.com/activity/3110-sim-card-japan-osaka/

To be specific, I got the 8-day unlimited data one for ~PHP1,500. Throttling only after 30GB.

10. jetan

[​IMG]

i got this when i was in HK at Apliu Street in Sham Shui Po. tons of simcard vendors there. 90 HKD very cheap

11. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

May charge ba pag nakareceive ka ng call while on roaming pero di mo sinagot yung tawag?

12. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

In my experience, no, you won't be charged.

hokage6 likes this.