Globe Platinum

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by chicco, Dec 3, 2016.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

That’s what I’m asking them now.

2. teleclem

teleclem Member

Consistent <5 mbps seems odd to me. I've been getting at least ~12 mbps (usually faster: 20-80 mbps), even when I stay way out of supposedly faster areas like Makati, Fort, or Ortigas. I'd go complain to their customer service for those speeds. I can't really tell if I'm faster on the "Priority Network" since I haven't compared it with regular ones head to head. It feels like it pero it could be placebo.

I had my SIM changed at the store last week (had SIM failure a few times with my old sim which was a few years old na). Platinum signal went away and I'm now back with the Globe indicator. They told me it would take a week to update to the Platinum signal again with my new sim.

3. jetan

[​IMG]

PLATINUM vs Regular Postpaid

[​IMG]

this was in North EDSA earlier this afternoon. Priority network in place.

4. jetan

[​IMG]

earlier at north EDSA regular postpaid vs Platinum.

docjbr likes this.
  5. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

The 5s doesn’t support faster LTE-A though, so it’s expected that it gets slower speeds. Speedtest should be on same phones for proper comparison

6. jetan

wrong that's iPhone SE. looks can be deceiving

7. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Does the iphone x support lte-a?

8. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Oops, haha, I stand corrected. But the SE doesn’t have faster LTE Advanced as well according to reviews. So the iPhone X still had the advantage in your test.

iPhone 6s and newer support it (except the SE).

jetan likes this.
  9. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I thought it didnt support lte-a based on some articles i read. I hope it does.

10. jetan

Globe Business vs Platinum

Attached Files:

11. magnus

magnus Active Member

Free wifi sa edsa vs my Globe postpaid ordinary subscriber!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#171 magnus, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  12. jetan

upload_2018-3-13_10-38-20.png

good thing they posted the ALL MONTH SURF as built in on line only plan

upload_2018-3-13_10-39-22.png

zero pesos. good

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

You don't use much (basing from your MB usage). Is Platinum even worth it (esp the all month surf?)

14. jetan

nah. just started using it. they only counted half month since the cutoff is every 5th of the month. ill be testing if theres a cap on data.

15. teleclem

teleclem Member

As noted by other users here, there seems to be no monthly or daily cap. I've hit double digits in a day before (updates over tether).

16. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

^Yep. No cap for me.

jetan likes this.
  17. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Si Papa Sherms ba naka Platinum? He's complaining about Globe CSR's eh! (Hahaha, sorry, OT!)

The surfing is just an add on for me. I shifted to Platinum for the perks. The extra amount is kinda covering the expense of a new iPhone, and I've been getting each iPhone anyway since 2009 (except the 7). But the perks, yes the perks, I've travelled twice, and I got to stay in the airport lounge just by showing that I had a Platinum signal.

(And when I call Globe, it takes a minute and I get to talk to someone right away. Less blood pressure rising moments)

Roman, francisian and Sunil_K like this.
  18. rdy0329

Thinking of getting platinum just because they offer femtocell units. Our Laguna House'kitchen is a dead zone (all types of signal) and multiple important calls have been missed due to this.

As for benefits, I think some are redundant esp for lounge access. One might presume that if you're a Platinum subscriber you might also hold a credit card with lounge access.

#178 rdy0329, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  19. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I have BPI (Delta Platinum), Citibank, and BDO high tiered ones, but they have limited numbers. Lots of people in my family, so the extra numbers work nicely. I got Platinum mainly because I'm spending for the same amount, might as well go to the higher tier and grab what comes with it. Second would be that I'm getting subsizidized for a new phone every 2 years. The benefits are just icing and the cherry on top :)

20. rdy0329

I'm sure your subscription is "sulit" for your use-case. The premium-fication of basically the same product (calls texts and data) means they need to make it worth your 3,800 -> 8,000 monthly.

OT: It's always good to have backup cards. Recently Citibank downgraded the practically unlimited lounge access of PremierMiles card in favor of a 2-visit per year policy via dragonpass. Too many qualified customer means they have to rethink the benefits. Basically, their new Elite card (with unlimited PriorityPass) is their Prestige card. My go-to for local lounge is still BDO AMEX PLAT.