Globe Platinum

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by chicco, Dec 3, 2016.

1. sibilly

sibilly Active Member

Try this as it worked for me....while your current subscription is still paid you wont have the option to pay with your globe account so what you need to do is cancel the recurring payment from your current subscription and let it expire. Once your netflix service is disconnected thats when you get the option to pay via your plan. Hassle lang na you have to wait it out.

teleclem and hqperez like this.
  2. hqperez

hqperez New Member

Wow! Thank you so much for this tip.

Will try it by next month as I’m now halfway my current billing period for Netflix.

Thanks again. I appreciate this. (y):)

EDIT:

This one ba? Thanks

1.JPG 2.JPG

#282 hqperez, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    sibilly likes this.
  3. sibilly

sibilly Active Member

Yeps!

hqperez likes this.
  4. hqperez

hqperez New Member

Thanks boss. Still waiting sa end ng cycle ko. Thanks.

5. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

Hi guys,. Just upgraded to the platinum plan. Besides not seeing the platinum name on top of my phone...(lockscreen still says globe)... My main confusion is with regards to the consumables. Entertainment subscriptions like Amazon Prime says it will be added to your bill. Does this go on top of my 3799 or do these just go inside the consumable 1500?

Thanks

6. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Knowing Globe it'll be on top of your base monthly fee.

If you paid for the annual Amazon Prime shipping then you already have a Prime Video account

7. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

Updated ThePLATINUM PLAN now live on Globe's website (Shop section needs updating).

ThePLATINUM Plan PLUS (SIM-Only)
    [​IMG]

ThePLATINUM Plan With Device
    [​IMG]

^^ No more consumable for 3799 with device meaning add-ons like Netflix and Spotify would now be charged on top...

8. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

Gosh. Will they automatically migrate your from old plat plan to the new plat plan?

9. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

It’s not automatic. Migration will only be done upon request or upon recontracting.

10. prof_er

Oki doki. Sayang yung 1500 na consumable. I dont see the point of getting or renewing platinum 3799 to the new package. Walang kwenta. At least in pampanga walang kwenta ang all month surf. Sa bagal ng globe dito.

11. neilph

neilph Member

Was planning to switch to Platinum with device but with the dropping of the consumable, it’s not worth it! Unless, all devices are free under the plan...;)

teleclem and prof_er like this.
  12. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

That’s it. I’m switching to a no device plan once my contract expires. I don’t think I’ll upgrade to the 2019 iPhones.

13. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^And we’re not even talking about their monthly data surfing with intermittent LTE coverage of late. You pay a high price for some fast telecom service and you expect it to be stable at least all the time but you get 30-40% reliability and customer service says that’s the best they can do.

14. teleclem

teleclem Member

Definitely something to consider before upgrading or switching. More or less consistent naman ang coverage ng Platinum and Regular so if the regular lte isn't working in your frequented area/s, I don't think getting Plat will help.

In my case, sulit na sulit ang All Month surfing since coverage for where I go is excellent. I only get drops in areas na mahinang mahina talaga in general (basements, certain buildings). Otherwise, it works out great for me. My usage mostly goes to hotspot on my laptop/iPad.

15. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Would just like to share my thoughts on this one, i was on platinum before just the basic plan 3799 and when my contract i expired i tried out plan 1799 for about 3 weeks and this was technically a line only plan but i eventually switched back to platinum because of the all day surfing. I guess i got used to not thinking about my data allocation but i thought i could get through with what the 1799 offered at 15gb since we also have fiber at home but i used up that allocation in such a short span (not sure how globe measures parang ambilis hehe) i then added more data 10gb and paid additional 1k for it, so technically if this was going to be a regular thing, my plan 1799+ 1,000 for extra 10gb is already at 2,799 and i'm still limited to "25gb" so i figured, well i'll just go back to platinum since its only 1k more and i also get to have unlimited calls to all networks plus the other perks like priority network, easy access with RM etc...Just last night while watching Apple TV+ on the road naisip ko, naku ilan kaya kakainin na data nito, it was super clear and LTE was full bars along edsa... true enough i got left with about 3.5gb with still a week to go.

so i did make the switch and what is surprising to me is that my internet speed is really way way faster than before. I have a desk job so i'm really in the same spot in the office almost daily and seems that globe priority network for platinum subs is really working in Makati, didnt feel the difference before but after several weeks on the regular 1799 plan and shifting to platinum, its like somebody opened the water valve and its smooth flowing now hehe.. I also would have preferred the version where there was consumables but it is what it is, i actually use up majority of the consumables for the "all day surfing" in the old plan so i didnt lose much, but the p199 charge to RM is now on top of bill since wala ng consumables hehe, hardly used it naman so its just a minor thing for me, it will be offset by the charge to calls to other networks since its also unlimited now unlike before it was only for globe to globe, at least on my plan

#295 shootertwist, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    docjbr likes this.
  16. lennytan

lennytan Active Member

hmmmm nice read :) , i am also about to give up my platinum account and settle for a less value plan since one of my company's benefit is on having a corporate line with unlimited internet. Now the question is if the speed will differ between the Platinum account and the corporate line unlimited internet?

17. prof_er

If you are on a hotspot globe area, i think you will highly benefit with Globe’s priority network. In my experience, im on a basic 3799 platinum plan with Globe (im from Angeles City Pampanga by the way) globes data here is so useless... thats why i am giving up on my platinum plan and going for my regular 1799 plan. Manila subscribers will definitely will benefit from the platinum plans. I just dont know with other provinces. Sabi nga nila... sana all. Hahahah

18. shootertwist

its a huge difference at least in Makati not sure in other areas, to be honest i thought it was just a gimmick on their part and when i switched to the regular plan and noticed the slower connection it really didnt cross my mind it was bec of the switch... i even asked around sa ofc and they said yun nga mabagal din daw data nila so i figured ganun talaga siguro until weeks passed and nagtyaga na ko sa ganun na speed and nasanay na din... and yun when i made the switch ramdam yung bilis talaga, i checked same 1-2 bars lang sa area ko so di naman lumakas talaga signal but speed is way way better... it was a surprise benefit since i was actually just after the “unlimited “ all day surfing since i dont want to keep thinking if how much data i’m consuming, dagdag sa stress eh hehe

19. cyberesc

cyberesc New Member

Platinum (Lifestyle plan 3799 with consumable php 1,500) data capped today at 60gig.

According to CS data will be restored on the next billing cycle (16th Nov.).

Next billing cycle or is it First day of next calendar month?

Previously, my other non-platinum account was restored on next calendar month.

20. shootertwist

Wow 60gb hehe never reached that even when i first signed up with platinum, maybe I reached 50gb a couple of times but never got cut off or capped... did they cap u or naputol talaga? Thanks