Globe Platinum

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by chicco, Dec 3, 2016.

1. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

It really depends on your future needs. I opted for the Platinum because of the following:

- ARC Member (Free Valet Parking on Ayala Malls - MM, Free stay on Ayala lounge, discounts on gadgets stores c/o ARC app, BPI Preferred - I DONT BANK with BDO- never again, PowerMac discounts upto 15% even on Apple devices)
    - Priority Network (I needed this most of the time due to my kind of work, though I'm on PLDT Fibr when at home, I' don't have an office since I'm a freelance IT Admin so I work on coffee shops, co-working, and other public places)
    - Free 48 hours International roaming (on Globe Zone 1 + Zone 2 partners*)
    - RM (Fixes my account whenever needed, though I don't need it most of the time)
    - Unli Lounge access on T3 (for International Flights, compared to my Citi PremierMiles who only have 2 access per year)
    - Consumable (used for Netflix, Spotify, Disney)

It really depends on your needs.

greta87 and Theus like this.
  2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

its only 5 percent for powermac. https://www.ayalarewardscircle.com/privileges/

3. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

^^ Actually upto 10% lang not 15% ...

5% on Apple Devices

ABCBB016-E4E1-4F7E-AE53-39334669997E.png

4. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

What's the FUP for All month surf on thePlatinum?

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

On ARC: You're covered with your BPI Preferred Account.

On Airport Lounge: Any banks with priority pass unlimited tie-up is better than PremierMiles now. A travel card that gives you two lounge access? Ang bastos lang. They're also handing it out like pancakes. It has lost it's exclusivity. Thank you, next.

Reasons to Stay w/ thePlatinum:

Priority Network and allowed to use consumables on Netflix, Disney and Spotify makes more sense on a money standpoint. 16,512 savings for 24 months by not charging it on your credit card. ThePlan no longer allows deduction of Netflix and Spotify Premium from consumables.

Platinum also makes sense for frequent travelers. For me, i'd rather pay for what I use, not what *i might* use. Some find the appeal of fixed cost billing even if it's hurting their bottom line because it's easier to anticipate and account for, I get it, taking a few minutes to pull up a pdf bill from Globe is harder than it should be.

On being brand loyal:

Service consistency is the best indicator of a good product. Major red flags? If their "regular" customers are not getting decent level of service. Same dapat save for some indicated perks of being a preferred client.

They need to fix their RM perks. If it won't lessen the number of calls I have to make, does it make a difference if I get a random CS on my next follow up? Some subscribers are blessed with proactive RMs who spots billing issues before it's even mailed out, they should focus on that aspect. Some RMs are still flaky and consumer perception might be a mixed bag.

Try to keep an open mind when it comes to the service sector (Banks, Telco, etc.). I am, and I don't want to think that "that worst experience ever." will block me from actually getting a logical product/service from that company down the road, unless they were really arrogant about the whole situation.

I hated BDO by reputation (SM) but then I needed to bank after 5PM & Sat, FX rates are actually good almost the same as Google's quote, their app allows you to do more things without human interaction. They're virtually everywhere. They consistently approved reversals for late payments and annual fees because I was the one forgetful. :p
    Anything I missed? Who am I to comment about thePlatinum though?:ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

It just says worry-free which is code for, it depends. 20-25GB is a safe volume, anything lower means you're better off with a lower Plan/non-unli package. If you're in a highly urbanized area, you might reach FUP faster but I saw some forum posts of people going over 150GB before getting hit with slower data.

jayparalejas likes this.
  6. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

7. Dasher

Dasher Member

Planning to upgrade to Platinum. Is the data faster than a regular plan? Merry Christmas everyone!

8. teleclem

teleclem Member

Priority Network should only kick in when there are too many users congesting the network in a given area. Speeds should be the same if the area is not too congested.

It's hard to test it out objectively (you'd need two of the same phones in the same spot at the same time with one Platinum account and one regular account).

But based on my experience, I notice the Priority Network more when I'm in an area of low cell tower density (ie. rural areas). Could be placebo or just me having a better phone pero I've gotten a more consistent LTE signal w/ better speeds compared to those I was with (with theirs more or less staying on 3G).

9. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

One of my biggest reasons to go Platinum is the unlimited data. The rest are just minor perks. Prior to upgrading, Globe was charging me P1500 on top of the 2499 plan I had, whenever I go beyond 6GB. Going platinum was actually cheaper.

I have also adjusted my Globe bill three times over the past year just by calling or texting my RM. No need to wait half an hour on Globe’s hotlines. Complaints via the normal non-Platinum hotline regarding duplicate charging or invalid roaming charges usually cannot be resolved immediately and need to be escalated, whereas my RM does everything.

teleclem and joethemobile01 like this.