Globe Platinum

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by chicco, Dec 3, 2016.

1. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I used it in NAIA Terminal 3 a couple of months ago.

Aargh likes this.
  2. oaba09

oaba09 Member

I'm currently under contract(will end on Oct 2019).....Is it possible to upgrade my regular acct into a platinum account?(no device).....I consume a lot of data and the perks look promising so I'm thinking of upgrading my account....

Thanks!

3. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Member

upgrading to platinum is possible even if still within contract. your contract coverage will still be continued and end in Oct 2019. what Globe does not allow is termination and/or downgrading of plan package, at least based on my own experience.

but, you may check with the Globe Business Center of your choice personally as there are sometimes inconsistencies and changes in their policies that we may not be aware of.

oaba09 likes this.
  4. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Thanks for the reply....Will go to the nearest globe center near me to further clarify....

5. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

What plan are you currently on? You may wanna check also your existing credit limit..

6. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Currently on 1499 but I usually exceed it...Im aware of the credit limit and I will request for an increase prior to the upgrade. :)

prof_er likes this.
  7. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Usually they increase your credit limit automatically. Specially when you exceed your monthly usage.

8. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure there isn’t a business that will say you have to pay us less till your contract expires before you can pay us more.

Especially one under a subscription model with intangible goods.

Tried Platinum for years and I just couldn’t find what made it so different from the platinum/premier services of banks. Sulit sana if they have iPhones at a huge discount and unlocked (you already get a premium from me every month). But cestlavie to each his own.

9. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Member

i must say i agree. subsidized or not, outside of the lifestyle perks of being a plat subscriber, if you are subscribed to a premium plan package, sana man lang unlocked na ang unit mo. you’re going to be paying the same agreed monthly naman. their partner in singapore has always issued unlocked units.

10. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Same sentiments, but a friend of mine that's a Platinum subscriber says that they have "priority reception" wherever they go. Oh well...

11. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

If the service is good that means I won’t have to be going to any Globe center to get priority reception in the first place.

If it’s airline lounges or discounts from stores, premier / platinum credit cards and preferred banking / premier services will get more done for me cause they want to hold on to more than just 5,000 pesos or let’s say 60,000 for the whole year.

porkypork likes this.
  12. teleclem

teleclem Member

They'll usually just increase it right there and then once you opt for the plan upgrade.

13. Cmmig

Cmmig Well-Known Member

Thinking of upgrading to platinum, what's your recent experience with their so-called 'priority network'?

#233 Cmmig, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  14. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Well, I've been on Platinum almost since it began and I've never had a problem making or receiving calls except in very remote or isolated (thickly walled-in) areas, so I guess it's working for me.

15. Cmmig

Cmmig Well-Known Member

How about data speed? Also compared to other people with you in the same area that weren't on platinum?

16. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Member

quite frankly and personally, i do not notice any difference. minsan pa nga sila ang mas maraming signal bar, but there are other factors to consider, pwedeng meron kang phone case that interrupts your phone's signal, etc. or pwedeng location based din, pero that's trivial lang. what i do like about this though is their provision of Airboost (femtocell) in the house which helps with uninterrupted strong air signal (which is dependent on your in-house internet connection naman), aside from the lifestyle perks that come with being on Plat.

17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Funny, I'm also on Platinum and yet I do not know of these lifestyle perks you're all talking about...what I do know is that I've had no reception problems, too...I don't even have a Relationship Manager like they say, which is what my wife does actually to me every single day...

18. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Frankly I've never compared. My data speed has been OK so I've never had any reason to see how other people were doing with their phones. Sometimes my phone seems even faster than my 50 Mbps PLDT fiber connection--but maybe that's just my perception. It's not blazing fast, but it's adequate.

joethemobile01 likes this.
  19. rockion

rockion Member

Question? are the perks of Platinum Plan 3799 worth it? is it worth the penny? plus the perks of being an ARC card member?

I'm used to Plan1799 since this one perfectly fits my needs. but there is something in my mind that want to be in the Platinum 3799 plus being an ARC card member.

20. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

It's really up to you. Point of diminishing return is around 1799/2499 for Globe plans IMO. Platinum perks can be had even without using Platinum. ARC afaik is also offered for BPI Preferred Banking Clients and lounge access is offered by Platinum cards of most banks (BDO Amex Plat/Citi Prestige/Securitybank Plat), basta madami to the point that Skyview lounge has to do crowd control during peak travel season.

Kinda OT, My case for NOT getting Globe Platinum.

A. Save that 24k/year and get Citi Prestige (P12K/yr) which includes unlimited Priority Pass access for you and 12 companion visits to any partner airport lounge around the world + unli 4th night hotel free + P18/mile int. spend + other tangible benefits. Compared to Globe which only offers local lounge access, and discounts via ARC.

B. Sa totoo lang, SM Prestige > ARC tbh, Practical things like skipping SM supermarket lines / dept store lines and earn credits for purchase with SM affiliated brands like Uniqlo, SM Cinema. Lounge access (local/SM Lounges for prestige users). Free, if you bank with BDO.

C. Even if you get Citi Prestige, and another card with P5k annual fee, you'll still save money compared to getting Globe Platinum.

If you're still not convinced, lets think practicality:

Assess the following:

1. Data Volume: Do you need unlimited? Only Platinum has unlimited data (sim-only).
    2. Speed: Do you find LTE in your area slow/congested? Platinum has data prioritization.
    3. Perks: TBH, ARC is the only consistent standout for Platinum, even then, I'd rather open a preferred banking with BPI or buy real estate/car (tangible) from Ayala group and I'm in.
    4. Customer Service: I think relationship manager is no longer provided for this tier (3799). Instead, you talk to an AI. The upside is you're prioritized when you visit Globe stores.

Real life example: I have a friend who doesn't have home broadband in her condo so having Globe Platinum makes a lot of sense, with unli data. Skips the need for useless landline, and maintains one contract with Globe. She had to change relationship manager 2x due to incompetency.

As you can see, most of the benefits revolves around exclusivity. Same as flying First class when Business class is comfortable enough. It makes you feel good (as long as you can afford it).

I like being practical we don't need to keep up with the Joneses. For anyone having trouble with always spending more than your PLAN, a simple assessment of the combos and inclusions can help. Globe's ThePlan offers high customization to suit your needs. They usually slap a pre-determined template of combos for new lines that does not leave any space for consumables.

I'm on Plan 1,499 + Fibr Wifi @ home and work and it serves my needs perfectly. Globe's customer-centric service has been fine for the most part, I don't have to wait long to talk to CS.
    • 4GB Data + 1GB FB (599)
    • Unli Calls Globe/TM, Unli texts all network (499)
    • 100 minutes calls to other network (299) (new & helps a lot with not going over my bill).
    • 102 consumables (landline and international).