Globe Platinum

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by chicco, Dec 3, 2016.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

terminated my platinum line only plan. after evalauating for 6 months only the perks than im enjoying but not the postpaid service. Globe needs to fix their signal.

2. teleclem

teleclem Member

Some Platinum RMs are taking preorders na sa new iPhones.

3. coffeeboy

coffeeboy Member

I reserved through my assigned RM for an Xs Max last Wed, he got my preferred configuration and he got back with the plan details and after I confirmed, he said ok. He said recontracting form would be given when the phone is delivered “probably” on the 26th, no ref number was given. I sent Thea a message yday and was told I would be updated bec my request does not show up in their system yet (almost a week after the exchange with the RM). Is this correct process? This is my first time to recontract under Platinum

4. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

the LTE signal has been buggy for several months now even in Makati where I live & work. I know it's not my iphone since whenever I travel abroad, the LTE signal works perfectly. weirdly, in the condo where I live, the 3G signal is much more stable & faster..& to think that it's an Ayala development... This was not the case earlier this year when the LTE was very reliable. I called the attention of Globe about this already but I have not received any official response yet.

jetan likes this.
  5. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

My dad was a founding member of Globe Platinum from the 90s until I migrated his 6k/month plan to a 600/month corporate plan two year ago.

We were entitled to a personal cel site by Globe but the Platinum hotline gave us the run around and wanted us to subscribe to Globe Fiber as well. This wasn't company policy and had internal documents to prove it.

The change was prompted as he was being charged on a per text, minute & KB basis from a Platinum plan from the 90s. Also wanted the charges to be considered a business expense by BIR.

With the 600/month corporate plan I got unlimited text to all domestic networks, unlimited calls to Globe/TM/one landline area code and 3GB of data with P1,000 bill protect.

So what perks in the past 2 years has Globe promised and they actually delivered?

#205 Adarna, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Sunil_K and jetan like this.
  6. teleclem

teleclem Member

I suggest call the Platinum hotline. That's what I did after I got my reference number via automated sms (after recontracting with my RM).

The hotline was able to give me my scheduled delivery day (tomorrow, 26) based on what was in the system. RM didn't commit to specific date.

coffeeboy likes this.
  7. teleclem

teleclem Member

"
    This Halloween, party the night away with Globe Platinum!

Wear your best costume and join us at the Masquerade night at Revel in BGC, Taguig on October 31, 2018 from 10 PM onwards. Enjoy complimentary door charge and drinks just by showing your PLATINUM signal. To know more, contact your Relationship Manager or Thea, your Digital Assistant at glbe.co/thea-gp. Regular data will be consumed.

No advisories? Text STOP to 2682 for free."

8. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

Question Platinum Subscribers. What's the advantage of paying additional for an RM if Thea is already around? To those who have opted for the optional service, are you getting something additional of having a person assist you? In terms of service, what else can a RM do that Thea can't?

9. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I prefer the fact that only person can make changes on my accounts. With an RM as well, i never had to make follow ups since the RM assigned to me was really very efficient and pro active.

10. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

my current RM is a guy (all my previous ones were female) & he's been my RM for the last 2 years. Very efficient. always responds within a reasonable time & very patient even with the most trivial of concerns. I also use him for queries regarding my other Globe accounts. I tried Thea for one question before and I don't think I received a response. I'm not aware though that you have to pay extra to have an RM; I thought all platinum subscribers were assigned one.

prof_er and Sunil_K like this.
  11. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

How can I change my RM? For me, she's very inefficient and always making promises such that when I have concerns, she always says she's on a meeting like 2-3 times now and get back to me but she NEVER get back to me until 1-3 days na mag follow-up ako. Like WTF, every time may concern ako nasa meeting siya?

#211 joethemobile01, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  12. tjgato

tjgato Active Member

I have changed account officer a couple of times already but the present one seems ok. You want his number

13. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Call 188 and request to have your RM replaced. You should have a new one in a few days.

14. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Thanks. WIll do that once I arrived back in the Philippines. For now Thea has been most reliable than my RM, tsk2.

15. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

I also ditched my RM. Very inefficient, totally lousy service.

Got recontracted, received my iPhone XS Max one day after launch date all through Thea.

Mannix, you can opt to replace RM service for other add-ons to the plan which I did.

16. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

For the new plans, since I just upgraded, it's optional with a P199 charge per month against your consumable, if you get the Platinum Plan with a device. For sim-only plans, RM is already come with it.

17. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

I just recontracted and upgraded to a Platinum from a regular postpaid. Though I received the Xs in a matter of days, I thought it would come with a Platinum welcome packet or sorts or with a Platinum sim which I've seen posted by other subscribers in the past. And I also thought that the handset would be brought to me by the RM. It just arrived via regular courier that Globe uses. I'm also on Infinity with Smart, and hopefully will be able to compare the level of service in the months to come.

Do you guys get occasional freebies like event invites, concert tickets, free movie premiers, etc?

18. teleclem

teleclem Member

They occasionally have some free event invites. They don't offer any Platinum sim or card anymore like before. Platinum signal lang to show your membership.

My Max contracting documents were delivered personally to me by the RM but the phone itself was coursed through the regular courier (9 am launch day). Paper bag lang iniba ng package.

I suggest you sign up for ARC via Thea or your RM. You'll get more perks/events with it and it's free.

Thea is actually very useful since it's all done in Messenger. If you have daily errands/tasks like looking for certain items, reserving spots (especially when abroad on travel), it can be useful. Level of service is on par with the credit card concierges (amex, etc).

19. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

My RM is also very efficient. I’ve had roaming charges reversed on the same day, twice already, with just one text message. He did all the investigation, etc.

The biggest perks for me are the free airport lounges and those from ARC. If you perform regular banking transactions with BPI, just showing the ARC card will allow you to skip the lines. I got my iPhone X last year on launch day, with free leather case, which was also an added benefit. And lastly, I think Platinum plans are the only ones with true unlimited mobile data - useful for watching NBA games and streaming on the go.

20. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Sang lounges pa may access ang Platinum members?