Globe Platinum

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by chicco, Dec 3, 2016.

1. chicco

chicco Member

Good day Globe Platinum Users, is it worthy paying for 4,999 and above? Aside from having a Relationship Manager what else make u stick with the platinum plan. Thank You.

2. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Unlimited high-speed Internet, download all you want, use of the Miascor airport lounge, and a new top-end iPhone every two years ;)

chicco and Sunil_K like this.
  3. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

you also get discounts from the ayala group. From Honda cars, to hotel discounts , concert tickets, even real property/ club membership purchases. Not bad. Of course I'm a little biased here since we're counsel to the group. But I'm sure the others here will agree that it's worth every cent. :)

roinuj88, Sunil_K and chicco like this.
  4. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

You can get those with the platinum Amore or Delta Miles credit card, then again, it's an Ayala thing.

5. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

for a moment there amigo, i was salivating at sir @penmanila 's rattling off of them Globe plat benefits... but realized that you're right.

Amore - covers sales within Ayala Malls
    Delta Skymiles - covers access to the Miascor lounge

and just to add:
    Skycable broadband - provides for unlimited downloads (relatively high-speed)

as far as Honda cars, hotel discounts, concert tickets and real property / club membership purchases, this one i'm not entirely sure as to the mechanics of unless a Citi/BDO credit card or combo of the two covers it, one way or the other. maybe @greta87 can enlighten us here.

but as far as a new top-end iPhone (7/7Plus 256gb w/o cashouts) every two years is concerned, paying at least 5k a month for 24 months would most certainly be a well deserved freebie for the individual who does so.

6. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

If you use the Amore Platinum or Delta you get discounts from Honda and concerts as well.

No annual fee or monthly fee pa.

7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Is yours really unlimited, Butch? My plan says I have a 20GB cap/month.

8. pochiman

thanks amigo! those 2 cards cover those benefits na rin pala! now i realize paying 5k monthly on a 24 month lockup does provide the top end iPhone free.

although if my monthly usage (calls/texts/data) only amounts to say 1.5k max give or take, the remaining 3.5k for 24 months (84k) is more than enough to get the top end iPhone (57k) with change to spare.

i guess it really depends if one's usage does reach close to 5k monthly, only then will availing of a Globe Platinum account be prudent cost-wise; unless of course one would avail of it via a business account, of which one may receive additional benefits i am not aware of that would make membership worth it.

9. chicco

chicco Member

10. penmanila

Staff Member

hi, roman--i haven't really looked (i've been on platinum since the beginning, so it's one of the earliest 5K plans) but in practice, it seems unlimited to me. maybe i just never use it all up--but i do use my iphone cellular data to download and upload pics, software, music, etc.

Sunil_K and Roman like this.
  11. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Ayala resorts owns a number of hotels nationwide, Holiday Inn glorietta, Raffles/Fairmont, Seda chain of hotels, El Nido, Anvaya etc. the discounts vary but they're there. from 15% to 50% off depending on where/when youre using it. discounts are for booking & dining activities. yes, it's true that Citi/BDO offer aggressive dining discounts in some hotels, but these are only for short periods & usually, those are also the worst times to go to these places since they usually get very crowded during the promo periods. Just a few months ago, they offered a substantially reduced rate to buy Anvaya Cove club shares. they also offered special rates for Katy Perry/madonna concerts, among others. these are just those that I remember off the top of my head. As I mentioned though, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, since I'm a little biased with my statements. :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. pochiman

you know, i kinda noticed that atty! Citi usually issues dining discounts, only to find out by reading the fine print that this can only be availed / maximed during lazy / dead / weekday hours. since i'm almost always only available on a weekend, it's all kinda irrelevant to me.

i'll recheck BPI's promos in this case. many thanks!

greta87 likes this.
  13. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I very recently switched to platinum. Regarding the data allocation, does it roll over if not consumed? I recall reading it somewhere.

14. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Good question. I just asked my RM a few minutes ago. He confirmed that unused data allocation rolls over to the succeeding month.

dobi and francisian like this.
  15. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

1481355968968.jpeg
    It does roll over.

16. penmanila

Staff Member

That's probably why my data allocation feels unlimited.

17. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

so it rollsover forever?

18. penmanila

Staff Member

I have no idea. Someone should ask. I'll ask if I remember next week.

19. chicco

chicco Member

if im not mistaken ito yung plan ni sir penmanila

Globe Platinum subscribers get unlimited calls and texts to all networks and unlimited mobile internet, and providing uninterrupted connection.

Additional Features
    • For All-Net Plan 5000
      • Subscribers can get P1,000 worth of monthly consumable for local and international services which includes roaming, NDD, IDD and ISMS
      • Free 1-month trial of Gadget Care, the country’s first-ever mobile phone protection program, automatic membership to Platinum Elite
      • Free Long Term Evolution (LTE) smartphone of choice.
      • Subscribers can choose from a Samsung Galaxy S4, BlackBerry Q10, or iPhone 5 16GB as their free handset at Plan 5000.

Read more at http://www.mabzicle.com/2013/10/globe-telecom-unveils-globe-platinum.html#zxx4Zz1lpWjWQDj5.99

20. penmanila

Staff Member

Parang ganoon nga ;)