Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Noted. Just opened a ticket via globeone app. Hopefully I get it this time. Thanks! Happy new year! :)

#4961 eli71724, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

I believe Globe is more conservative with moving to VoWifi at this point. It won’t switch if it detects you have good signal strength, unlike with Smart where it automatically moves to VoWifi even with good signal strength. I suspect it is because Globe is not yet ready to fully commit until it irons out all the issues (they’re not certified yet by Apple anyway).

3. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Or it could be they don't trust PH Wi-Fi networks enough to handle Wi-Fi calls. I imagine they don't want to be taking the blame for when calls are choppy if a subscriber has Wi-Fi Calling over a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot with slow speeds.

For now, it's best to keep both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling active for the iPhone if you're on Globe.

4. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

I agree with this actually. We should consider that Globe obviously wants the best call quality possible, and they trust their network more than Wifi in delivering that call quality. I wouldn’t call their VoWifi lousy if that’s the case, as it does go to VoWifi once network signal strength drops. It is simply working as intended.

Smart’s aggressive approach is beneficial to them as it provides less phones connected to the network, thus less strain as well. But this is at the risk of reduced control on call quality.

5. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

iPhone 12 ThePLAN wizard now reflecting the new Unli Calls and Unli All-Net Texts pack.

[​IMG]

Different texts between the default plan builder and the iPhone plan builder, but I assume they are basically the same pack?

[​IMG]

6. ron27

ron27 Member

hi! I’ve tried several times on the GlobeOne app already and it doesn’t seem to really activate.

How do you know if it’s successful on Globe’s end? I do get a SMS message saying they completed my request but it doesn’t seem to be really active.

7. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

I just toggled the wifi on the phone and the VoWIFI started showing na. Submitted once lang then got the confirmation text the next day.

8. cyberathlete

cyberathlete PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi! It's been a while, and I hope there's a philmugger who can help or provide advice.

I've migrated to another country, and have no way of coming home to close my old Globe DSL account. Is there a way to do this remotely? I can provide account details over PM, and of course I am happy to close any outstanding payments.

9. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

You should try first contacting them through their social media accounts, such as: https://www.messenger.com/t/globeph

Let Globe sort this out.

FWIW, for security, you shouldn't have a stranger terminate an account for you. For all we know, you could be an impostor (it's not to say that you are) and the account in question might belong to somebody else. I certainly wouldn't want my account revoked by somebody else. It has to be done by the owner or a close family member.

cyberathlete likes this.
  10. cyberathlete

cyberathlete PhilMUG Addict Member

I definitely agree on the security front. I initially contacted Globe via messenger and they advised I should have a representative with a Special Power of Attorney (?) document. I still have relatives back home, and hoping maybe other philmuggers have similar experiences they could share. :)

11. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

I think Globe isn’t really ready with VoWIFI given the number of subscribers using WiFi and the surge of calls they will cater given they now have unli calls to all networks. It will just overload their IMS servers unlike SMART who had their IMS up and running way way back and have improved overtime and recently fully ready to rollout publicly.

they will eventually improve overtime and do some trial & error just like what SMART did.

12. l7224

l7224 Active Member

I kept submitting until I got the "Globe VoWifi" on my signal label.

13. jawo

jawo Member

good day everyone! I was planning to renew my plan. browsing via the globe one app and going through the plans being offered, I see that a free 6 months Amazon prime video subscription is included. i am already an amazion prime video subscriber (being subscribed to Amazon prime). would it be possible to not include an Amazon prime video subscription to my chosen plan (1299)? can I change it to something else, for example additional data allocation? is the Amazon prime video subscription automatically renewed after the free 6 months?

14. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

It's a freebie so either you get it or not. I don't think you can change it to any other. And yes, it automatically renews after the 6 month free trial.

15. jawo

jawo Member

I didn't see an option
    thanks!

16. gh0st

gh0st Active Member

My sister’s plan was updated to the new 399 Unli call and text to all networks yesterday. She called a landline number this morning for about 10-15mins duration. She then checked the GlobeOne app and found out that there is an excess charges worth 355. Could it be that it is due to the landline call made?

17. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

UNLI call all network is for mobile only.

18. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Did the new plan take effect already? Plan changes usually do on the next billing period.
    The new unli all net pack by Globe includes NDD calls.

19. gh0st

gh0st Active Member

This I’m not sure but she only noticed the new 399 pack after checking her GlobeOne app (Jan-7) which was requested last year with no other confirmation call from an agent. Her billing cutoff is every 5th of the month. So maybe this is already in effect since she is in the new billing cycle. If not yet, her previous plan has 50mins calls to all networks.

20. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

source?