Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

I think as long as you have a valid globe postpaid line, that is convertible to be an esim line. So if you have a plan zero number on hand, you should be able to request for an esim without issues.

2. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Hi has anyone of you experiencing drop calls on globe? Im experiencing this i think for the pass 2’weeks ago... here in pasig area

3. dacci

dacci Member

I believe dropped calls are just normal for globe, as well as robotic voice and longer call set up time. Not just the past two weeks but there really are seasons that this is prevalent. Other thing I frequently experience is the other party can’t hear me all of a sudden or the other way around but call isn’t dropped or failed yet. Sometimes I just laugh to it na lang that I talked for like a lot before I notice that we(other party) can’t hear each other any longer.

4. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

I always have to call twice, the first call always either 1 party cant heard the other party, 2nd call ok na,

5. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

Is plan zero still offered?

6. onyx

onyx New Member

Yes meron pa. Kaka avail ko lang today, hanggang 2021 nga law daw. After nun balik sa previous plan ko na 599. May inooffer silang plan, 299pesos

hokage6 likes this.
  7. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

ano inclusions ng 299?

8. DON2003

same here, but I requested permanent Plan zero (with 50 service monthly) to keep the number until needed or will just permanently disconnect if it revert back to my previous plan which is my SuperPlan 299

I use my 2 prepaid plans more than this which is just in my drawer to monitor any incoming call from previous clients

9. DON2003

is Globe esim available for prepaid?

switching to esim will disable the physical sim? what if switching back to physical sim? need to get an new sim? anyone tried?

10. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

I think esim is only available for postpaid accounts.

switching to esim will not disable the physical sims. A lot of us have two cellular lines with our iphones.

Switching back to physical sim, you will have to get a new sim for your postpaid account.

11. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi guys, will have my iPhone 12 Pro Max on hand by tomorrow. Im currently using my postpaid e-sim from Globe. How do transfer it to the new phone? I lost the card with the qr code given by the agent last year :(

12. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

you will have to get a new one. it only works on the registered device.

13. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

So i just need to visit any Globe branch and ask for a new qr code? Thank you!!

jayparalejas likes this.
  14. DON2003

isn't it when given a qr and you just scan it with the phone you will use then done? if you change phone, they give you a new qr? when you scan it with a new device then what happen? the old device will be unregistered when new device activated?

so no way to travel your esim yourself and have to request a new qr each time you switch between phone? do Globe charge you for this? but only lining up with their slow to crawl CS is a pain already,

jayparalejas likes this.
  15. jayparalejas

yes, just bring a valid gov't id. That's what I did when I got my eSim. was in and out of the globe store in 5 mins.

16. jayparalejas

If using the same device yes same qr. unfortunately globe's needs to provision a new eSim qr code for your new device. I did however reset my iPhone and the esim was still intact.

17. DON2003

so the esim will only work 1 at a time and will need another new qr if moved to another phone and back, the new qr will disable the old qr, correct?

18. dacci

dacci Member

I don’t know if this works with Globe. Still haven’t tried it though. But according to Apple you can transfer your eSIM to a new iPhone provided that eSIM is still active on previous iPhone with iOS 13.1 or later and onhand.

see link… https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210655#eSIM-eSIM

19. ivin

ivin Active Member

Anyone had luck trying to talk to a globe rep via hotline recently??

20. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Wow, these are new. Apple even provides an option to convert a physical SIM card to an eSIM card. I wonder if these options (eSIM to eSIM transfer and physical SIM to eSIM conversion) work with Globe.
    DC8E3553-2E53-485D-95D3-F22FEE769C7B.jpeg

jayparalejas likes this.