Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Something weird is going on with my plan....

My phone says that I have already consumed 60 gb but on the globe website and globeone app, it shows that I have not consumed any data yet(full bar).

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

If i avail the go watch29 or go watch 99, can it be included on my consumable plan or will it be on top of the bill?
    Cause im planning to watch nba games while on the go

3. kenetsu

kenetsu New Member

What plan do have? Platinum?

4. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Nope....I'm on the plan plus 1799(the one with 32 gb of data)...

5. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

GlobeOne is down for maintenance right now so your issue may have something to do with it.

The mobile data report on my phone pretty much coincides with what GlobeOne is showing me, give or take about 1GB. My best guess is that the discrepancy is due to the free 1 GB access to Facebook that's not being taken off my monthly data quota.

6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Use *143# if you are unsure about globe one’s up to date-ness. You can see when the data was last refreshed under Data Allowance as of today XX:XX (AM/PM)

7. neilph

neilph Member

same with me. That’s has been the case for 2 billing cycles already, even after the most recent maintenance of Globe One yesterday.

8. textguru

textguru Active Member

My contract will expire this June 2020 (4 months from now), and I will be leaving out of the country before the renewal period. Do anyone knows if Globe accepts early renewal?

9. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

you can renew/recontract your plan with a new device with a pretermination fee if it is more than 1 month from the contract end date. But if is 1 month or less they will allow you to do so without the pretermination fees

10. textguru

textguru Active Member

Got it. I think Smart have early renewal.

11. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Does Globe still offer a plan that has unlimted calls/text to a certain number? (Mine, and my wife)

Planning to get a "nanny" phone/roving phone, that I can use to contact the kids as needed. They have their own phones, but there are times that they can't reply because they don't have load.

12. xtine

xtine Active Member

Might be cheaper to get them a prepaid sim instead. Globe Prepaid has promos that can give you "unlimited" calls and texts (1,050 texts and 510 minutes of calls) to Globe/TM for only P133/month.

docjbr and King like this.
  13. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

Globe's lowest postpaid plan is TheBasic 499 plan where you can have globe/tm unlicall/text plus 200 consumable.

docjbr likes this.
  14. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Do you mean a phone + SIM for the nanny or for your kids?

If to the nanny this is what I do is I assign the smartphone for free then they take care of the load.

It's a plus for the helper as they're not burdened with the cost of the smartphone.

My preferred smartphone would be the P3,299 Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Lite as it is stock Android.

For them not to lose or break the smartphone I promise it to them after 30 months.

Depending on the prepaid subscribers spend on average between P55-124/month.

Puts into perspective how much 93% of mobile phone in the Philippines live on, doesn't it? :)

If for the kids you may want to follow @xtine advise.

I know some parents who are iPhone-obssesed that get their kids iPhone postpaid plans so they can upgrade every year. The kids gets the 1 year old hand me down iPhone while the parents get the latest and greatest every November.

The 2 year old iPhone then goes to the household staff. Just wish Apple still offered brand new batteries for $29 or under P2,000.

Other parents hang out to their iPhone from year 0-2, kids keeps it from year 2-4 and the helper are assigned to it for year 4-6 with the promise they own it after year 6.

#4834 King, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    docjbr likes this.
  15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for the replies! (y)

All three nannies have phones, and they have the fancy Oppo ones, hehe.

My old X and my iPhone 6 Plus are still alive and kicking, and they (the kids) use that once they get home. But sometimes they want to Viber with me, so I thought about going the prepaid route. But my concern with prepaid is that, just like what happens to the yayas, they cant contact me once the load is gone, hence a postpaid phone will always have a chance of calling me in case of an emergency. If the difference is 133 and 499, I think I'm okay with that difference, knowing in case something happens, they can contact me anytime.

16. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Really hoping Globe to offer Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro plans...

17. King

For load issues do this from your postpaid to your kids/household staff prepaid

https://www.globe.com.ph/help/share-a-load.html

Really wish Smart or Globe offered sub-7,000 Android smartphones with Stock Android. It would make my job way way easier.

Wish they'd offer a SIM-only postpaid with unlimited calls/text to all Philippine numbers without data for less than P300/month. Like say P150/month.

#4837 King, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  18. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Mi A2

19. King

If only it was offered 12 months ago.

20. King