Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Strange. An agent had told me some time ago that I can upgrade my plan within contract with no ETF. I haven't upgraded though, so I don't know whether they really charge an ETF or not.

By the way, Globe is already giving their postpaid subs a 6-month access to Amazon Prime. Just text APV to 8080.

dobi and teleclem like this.
  2. teleclem

teleclem Member

For upgrading within your contract period, there is no pre-termination fee. You have the option to continue paying the monthly fee for your gadget on top of your bill or paying it in one go when you upgrade (for those who availed of monthly installment for the device cashout).

If you downgrade plans (even after you upgrade), that's when the fee kicks in.

john.roque likes this.
  3. john.roque

john.roque Member

Damn. The guy at Globe Powerplant was about to upgrade my plan. Good thing I didn’t. Thanks everyone!

4. psych0fr3ak

psych0fr3ak Member

Not yet available?
    7DA860FC-DF24-49D6-8680-522ABE7B22CF.jpeg

5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Kailan kaya pwede mag avail ng amazon prime sa globe?

6. psych0fr3ak

psych0fr3ak Member

500 na lang ang pede ma-rebate?

DE56FEC1-3616-4107-9F53-78EF12C22FFD.jpeg

7. ChristmasFnatic

Guys, once my contract is done, can I go back to a monthly with no allocation(consumable to whatever I use them for)? I checked online, seems like post paids are plans with different plans in them.

8. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

I think even you're still within your contract, you can change your allocation monthly.

9. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Yes, bizarrely. I tried texting REDEEM BR200 to 4438 (asking for a 200 peso rebate) and I received a text that the reward that I am trying to redeem is temporarily unavailable.

psych0fr3ak likes this.
  10. jomsjoms

jomsjoms New Member

Anyone knows when Globe will release the Iphone Xs / Xs Max to their subscribers? I plan to pre-order. Previously ba, how many days/weeks from release in the USA?

11. psych0fr3ak

psych0fr3ak Member

Usually Nov-Dec for PH release based from previous iPhone releases.
    iPhone X was released last Dec-1.

dobi likes this.
  12. teleclem

teleclem Member

Asked RM sa Platinum about this and wala pa raw update.

They can reserve as soon as it opens daw though.

13. ronjet

I called globe CS earlier and they said that they don’t offer free netflix anymore to mobile/postpaid subscriptions and it ends last April? So those who still have a free unused/unclaimed 6 months netflix will be forfeited?
    I still claimed my free 6 months netflix before September ends and was successfully credited to my netflix account. Earlier, I’m trying to claim/add the other 6 months from my other account and said that my number is eligible but will be charged on top of my bill. I know I still have at least 10 days before it expires.
    Is it true that Globe stop giving free Netflix to postpaid subscribers?

14. xtine

xtine Active Member

Question about Netflix/Globe also -- recently signed up for a Globelines account and got a text with a link to sign up for 6 months of Netflix. My problem is that I am currently sharing an account with my sister that also has 6 months free (ending in December 2018). I would like for the 6 months on that account to expire first before signing up for my own account and applying the 6 months credit to the new account (not my sister's). According to the terms and conditions, redemption period is 6 months. However, I also got an email from Globe saying the link is valid for 14 days only. Strangely, the email I got only had this in the subject line: "Redeem your Netflix subscription from Globe Broadband! Link valid for 14 days only!" and the rest of the message was empty.

Then this is what is says on their terms & conditions:
    "Netflix credits that are not redeemed by eligible customers after the redemption period of six (6) months from the activation of their applicable Globe service(s) shall be forfeited and will not be replaced."

So is redemption period really 6 months or do I only have 14 days to claim the 6 months credit?

15. ronjet

From my experience recently, redemption is really 6 months. I applied it 2 weeks before it expires and it was credited to my account. But yesterday, I’m trying to claim the other 6 months free from my postpaid account before it expires - roughly 9-10 days left. But I can’t claim/activate it. That’s why I called globe.

16. xtine

xtine Active Member

Thanks, I hope Globe was able to help you out.

17. ronjet

Not yet, still hoping. Already called Netflix and they can’t do anything about it now since Globe gave the promotion. I’m at the mercy of Globe now. Netflix adviced me to ask Globe if they can give another link that is valid.

18. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Best to just claim it and have it credited to your sister's account and just bill your sister for it. It'll show how much credit was added anyway under the accounts tab.

19. xtine

xtine Active Member

Thanks, I might do that nalang.

Good luck, I hope you're able to work it out with Globe.

ronjet likes this.
  20. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

I have plan 1799, yun disneylife po ba pwede e included sa plan ng 1799? Hindi sya yun on top of the bill?
    Kasi i know netflix is always on top of the bill