Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Hi guys, my free 6 months netflix sa globe will expire in a few days, i want to upgrade my plan from standard to premium plan (P550).

If i change my plan for example today, will the new plan take effect right away?
    Also hindi naman kaya ako ma charge ng double bill ng globe on top of my bill?
    Kasi i heard after the 6 months free netflix from globe, they will autorenew it and will charge you on top of the bill

2. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

You can change your plan on your Netflix account settings and they will charge you the new price on the next month billing.

3. Nightskye

Nightskye Member

Hi, I'm being assigned to Malayasia for about 1.5 years. Is there anyway to unlock my phone so that I can use the local carriers in MY?

4. ignite

ignite Member

if your phone is no longer under contract, you can request for an unlock. did that to my old 5s.

5. Nightskye

Nightskye Member

It's still under contract. I'm not planning on terminating the line since I will be travelling back and forth.

6. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

You can change to a sim-only line, pay ETF, and then you will be able to request for unlocking of your iPhone.

7. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Follow up question about this matter, may sarili ba cycle of billing si netflix? Or sasabay lang ang charge nya sakin sa globe billing ko?

If i change my plan now, will thw new plan take effect right away?

8. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

In my case Netflix has its own billing cycle. Re change plan, I think it’s instant if upgrade and beginning of next cycle if you’re downgrading.

9. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

They have a new device upgrade program... For P3,399 per month all in, you get Plan 1299 (technically 1799 since it seems to be a ThePlan Plus line w/ extra 500 value), a Note9 128GB (amounts to 2,100/mo after accounting for the sim plan) which you can trade in after the 13th month. Otherwise, you pay for it in 27 monthly installments (could be a typo, could be not). Thoughts?

http://www.globe.com.ph/help/postpa...FE537EF5DC048D04EE796D0B32DCDA.41535463904628

[​IMG]

mauwrr, trigo and ronjet like this.
  10. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

I still have a 6 months free Netflix that I haven’t claimed. Can I apply/claim it now even my current free subscription will end next month or do I need to wait for it to expire or when it is near?

jayparalejas likes this.
  11. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Its a code that will be generated for you. and the credits will be applied on your netflix account, regardless of your current subscription. Amount credited is 2210. of course its up to you to choose your plan.

ronjet likes this.
  12. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Ok so it will add up and will automatically deduct once my current subscription expired?

jayparalejas likes this.
  13. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

I hope they’ll offer iOS handsets in the future as well!

14. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Did they remove the consumable amount in their plans and settled for bigger data allocations? Cause while checking their website, plans do not have any consumable amount its just data plus unlimited calls to globe and unlimited text to all networks.

15. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Yes, The credits will be used. and you will only be charged if your credits is not enough anymore. like in your 4th month if you availed of the highest tier.

ronjet likes this.
  16. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

You can still customize your plan and get consumables.

Aargh likes this.
  17. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

It looks similar to the “iPhone forever” plan which was rolled out by Globe a few years ago. That plan was not embraced by too many customers since as per computation, it would still come out cheaper to buy a new iPhone from a reseller the following year then just sell your existing one year old phone.

18. john.roque

john.roque Member

Dumb question. For example: my contract is on Plan 2499, and I wanted to make the switch to 3799, will it be possible to downgrade back to the original plan? Globe CSRs are giving me different information. I asked 4 people and I got 4 different answers.

19. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

You won't be able to downgrade, just upgrade as far as I'm concerned. The ideal scenario is that you will be able to downgrade to the original plan your handset was purchased with and just pay admin fee of 550. Maybe drop a suggestion on their twitter accounts. They've been receptive and proactive about customer-centric policies in the past.

20. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

If you have current contract for your plan 2499, say 24 months, you will be allowed to upgrade to 3799, subject to pre-termination and admin fees. Once you upgrade, you can downgrade it again to a plan of your choice. Provided that the plan is still existing. Again, if within contract, you have to pay pre-termination fee when upgrading or downgrading. If no contract, you pay admin fee only for upgrade or downgrade of plan.

Some agents would say no pre-term fee when upgrading but there will always that fee. Unlike Smart, no pre-term fee when upgrading, just added months in the contract.