Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. mmanson

mmanson Member

my cut of is on the 30th of the month. if i change my plan right now (from 499 to 1999; sim only plan to 2 year plan because of the iphone 8), will the new plan take effect today or on the 30th pa?

2. l7224

l7224 Active Member

it'll take effect on your cutoff date.

3. mmanson

mmanson Member

Thank you sir!

4. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

[​IMG]

New MyAccount splash screen.

5. magnus

magnus Active Member

Globe online myaccount is now live, online, up, active... whatever it is called.

6. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

i can now access myaccount too. i wonder what changes they implement.

7. psych0fr3ak

psych0fr3ak Member

upload_2018-1-29_14-33-0.png

I've been seeing this on my account for Plan599. How do I get this?
    There's no SMS regarding eligibility for 6mos gift subs just like what I'd received on my other plan.

8. teleclem

teleclem Member

Is the gservices app working too?

jetan likes this.
  9. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

It’s now back

10. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

go to netflix.globe.com.ph to redeem the 6 months premium access for free.

psych0fr3ak likes this.
  11. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Baron???

12. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

oh i was listening to that awful awful guesting at mo twister's show

13. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

I have not been dealing with Globe for eons now since I was primarily using a corp acct for years managed by my company and my wife manages our personal acct. I only got to go to one of their stores just recently to get my new phone (addt'l line; same acct).

Globe has really invested a lot in their in-store experience, one can tell. Big screens all around, kiosks for devices and the whole store is like a lounge. The concept it seems is that it's gonna be more friendlier/accomodating and hip.

However, while these are impressive it can only go up to a certain point. In my case, on my 1st few minutes while in the store. Some hundred thousand worth of store experience for the few minutes of wow factor.

I think they were aiming for cool and casual customer service. But that was hardly the case for me.

– When it was my turn to be served, my showed up on a big screen on a pillar. I thought that was cool. But then the "crew" assigned to me was calling my name loudly and roaming around. Uncool (back to regular customer service).

– He didn't know anything about me nor about my concern. Again, just like regular customer service.

– I said I was here to get my phone and he quickly ushered me to the back of the store. That's when I realized that the real work is still at the back, with queue lines for customers, counters and all of that regular store amenities.

– The guy, in his attempt to get me out the door as quickly as possible, was really evident in trying to push the process quick to the point that he was becoming annoying. He even forgot to give me my SIM and had to look for me inside the mall.

– They had to call me to verify the plan, etc., which I think should have been done when I was still in the store.

I guess my point is that screens and furniture can only go so far. Real customer service, you know the experience you have with people, trumps all. I don't blame the guy; it's their bosses and trainers who need to step up on their efforts in this area.

Anyway, share ko lang.

#4493 p.pipster, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  14. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

More like a crummy customer rep rather than a messed up system. My experience has been adequate esp on their 3rd gen stores (Greenbelt 4, BGC). AVOID crowded Globe stores (ehem, *Glorietta 4*)., as they have the most stressed out, sassy and overworked reps that just wants you gone before they take their second breath.

15. cali_018

cali_018 Member

gusto ko sana magrecontract ng plan ko (pre-term) kasi 9mos pa lang ip7+ ko.. nung nagpaquote ako sa hotline ng pre-term fee ko nasa 20k pa daw.
    tapos nun tinanong ko yun advance payment ko (6+1mo promo ni globe) kung maleless ba yun sa pre-term fee ko, hindi daw? ililipat daw yun advance payment ko sa bago ko plan.. 20k pa din daw dapat ko ibayad.. ambigat.. kala ko pwede ko iless yun sa pre-term payment ko. hays!

16. ChampsÉlysées

I agree! Have you tried going to UP Town Centre? They have very accommodating staff, including their manager--he helped me secure an iPhone X unit in a matter of days, got mine Dec 11.

17. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

I haven't.

though I love how I can manage most of my request through phone call. Only time I need to go to any Globe store is for sim change/replacement or if I'm paying for my handset through installment via CC.

18. magnus

magnus Active Member

just wait for the iPhone neXt on nov 2018

19. ChristmasFnatic

Guys, are there text charges for iMessage? I suddenly got 50+ pesos text charge, when all I text are Globe numbers(free for my plan), and iMessage to other countries.

20. seahaven

seahaven Member

How is this even possible when i still have data left. Has anyone experienced this or just an app miscalculation. It says i already excess data usage with the 1300 charge but still have .05MB unused.

Attached Files: